Santo DOmingo Not That dangerous

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
It takes a lot less than that, 200K stop and frisks in the first three months of 2012 in NYC, targeting mostly Blacks and Latinos which is a complete record buster. But DR does not do that, there is a good and a bad to that. DR the police do basic work, more might cost you.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
It takes a lot less than that, 200K stop and frisks in the first three months of 2012 in NYC, targeting mostly Blacks and Latinos which is a complete record buster. But DR does not do that, there is a good and a bad to that. DR the police do basic work, more might cost you.

It was a sarcastic comment.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
But, I just spoke from my personal experiences in the USA. GOing to santo domingo,t here are onvious serious dangers but for me, it is almost normal to take precautions and not be surprised if something happens. Santo DOmingo or new york city, something can happen. I love both places and would not trade them for anything. Santo DOmingo is just awesome just like new york is.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Friendly and Courteous

[video=youtube_share;9yqREvcec9g]http://youtu.be/9yqREvcec9g[/video]

Well, this video is 18 months old. :tired:
Unfortunately there is no sound track.
I am sure the robbers said 'por favor' and 'gracias'.
Awesome culture... you know. :rolleyes: ;) :cheeky:

donP

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I laughed so hard at the guy trying to hide his car keys from the theives....

That video taught me one thing.... NO MORE BARRA PAYAN for me (werent very good anyways, never understood why Dominicans loved that place).... lol

Zulu

May 27, 2012
I hate to break the news to you but England is known only by LONDON!!! OK you are from England did you really need to point this out.

Everytime YOU have the chance you tell a poster they have problems because of the people they hangout with mainly people from the barrio. Most of the people KNOW you are not Dominican or a latino, so you will see a totally different DR through your eyes. In the DR I am DOMINICAN until I say" YO NO DOMINICANO" then sometimes people still don't believe I am not Dominican until I show my Illinios Drivers License. When they see the M in my name which stand for Marquez then I have to explain my Puerto Rican side to some BS cop when I am stopped, and after all this some still believe I'm Dominican and just lying.

Most of my info regarding how bad things are in the capital I get from the "AIRPORT" from tourist visiting DR. People told me they had to give cops 5000RD because they did not understand Spanish and they were afraid. Santo Domingo recieves A LOT of " one time visitors". People have told me how awful Santo Domingo is and they can't wait to go home and will never return. You are a British most people do not think the British are friendly so they will most likely not talk to you in the airport, or you may look unfriendly I do not know.

Lastly let me make this clear so you can understand. FOREIGNERS have no problem displaying their wealth in the US. In the DR a foreigner is asking for trouble if they display wealth on a regular basis.

BTW By your own admission you are a gringo with a Dominican wife , so Dominicans ALL DOMINICANS see you as a gringo that likes Dominican women nothing more nothing less. They will never show you their darkest deepest family secrets, because you are not Dominican. You state the OBVIOUS all the time because you are unable to look beyond their deceptive appearance. I have visited many countries from Ireland to Nevis and I have NEVER MET so many CON ARTISTS like I meet in DR from upper class to lower class.

I agree with JMB773 I moved 2 the Dominican Republic back in 2008 with a 40ft container including my Mercedes Benz S500 2009 believe me when i tell you i got robbed at Customs the car never left the port they asked for 3 times what i paid for it,just because some jefe at the Aduana wanted it therefore made it difficult for me to get it out, only if i had joined DR1 before moving to the place i could have left it behind. Case in point i received my complete furniture set all new, my flat screen T.V's i brought all this down to the DR so i could furnish my condo in an upscale neighborhood but no matter how careful one becomes they are always the people the closest to you that end up hurting you as for the furniture it ended up with the " X" what can i tell you it was an inside job for leagal reasons can not talk about the case and how it went down lets just say it was a mess like throwing money down the drain. I should have just stuck to people inside the gated community, well lesson learn't material things can always be replaced

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
I agree with JMB773 I moved 2 the Dominican Republic back in 2008 with a 40ft container including my Mercedes Benz S500 2009 believe me when i tell you i got robbed at Customs the car never left the port they asked for 3 times what i paid for it,just because some jefe at the Aduana wanted it therefore made it difficult for me to get it out, only if i had joined DR1 before moving to the place i could have left it behind. Case in point i received my complete furniture set all new, my flat screen T.V's i brought all this down to the DR so i could furnish my condo in an upscale neighborhood but no matter how careful one becomes they are always the people the closest to you that end up hurting you as for the furniture it ended up with the " X" what can i tell you it was an inside job for leagal reasons can not talk about the case and how it went down lets just say it was a mess like throwing money down the drain. I should have just stuck to people inside the gated community, well lesson learn't material things can always be replaced

I see what you are saying. I do not think it is a good idea to flash wealth in the DR. If one does not,t hey are a lot safer. Also, stay away from bad people and tigres. People will be less likely to be con artists. Also, whther or not they share secrets depends on how you carry yourself with them. If you bond in a certain way, they accept you. If you look like some strange foreigner, they will not trust you and will watch you like hawks and not tell you what is going on. I know how to bond in a way that people let loose their secrets and everything. You just have to sincerely learn from them and learn the ways and be like them and they open up like a flood gate of water. I know this from experience. Also, if you earn their trust in a certain way, they treat you like they treat their own. This is just my experience talking. I know how to connect with people and earn their trust and kind of take over the motherboard and they accept me. Gringo or not.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
A lot of them are from those type of neighborhoods. I know some people who wear them. People in really dangerous neighborhoods wear them and do not leave home without a gun. Also drug dealers, gang members and many other people wear them.

Grow up FFS, you need to stop watching TV and get out into the real world, and preferably not in the environment that you seem to be obsessed with. Poor Barrios, Gangsta douche bags and the lower life forms of the world. I have a feeling you don't live the life you talk about, otherwise you wouldn't be so obsessed with it. You seem like a 13 year old with his first Eminem CD:tired:

Nacer

May 19, 2012
hello everyone!
i wonder what the are the bad neighborhoods in Puerto Plata...and how safe it is?? Tanks.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I was commenting on the atraco video posted from an armed robbery at barra payan.

That robbery did not happen at Barra Payan. The robbers in the video were tracked down later and at least one was killed by the police.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Grow up FFS, you need to stop watching TV and get out into the real world, and preferably not in the environment that you seem to be obsessed with. Poor Barrios, Gangsta douche bags and the lower life forms of the world. I have a feeling you don't live the life you talk about, otherwise you wouldn't be so obsessed with it. You seem like a 13 year old with his first Eminem CD:tired:

I did not say I am 13, listem to Eminem or am not in the real world. But I am saying that we can handle this.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
When that video was originally posted, it was posted as an atraco at barra payan. Now that I think about it, I think it was attached to the dr1 news daily email a long time back.

Unless im mistaken that is barra payan... been there way too many times to mistake that hole in the wall.

http://vodpod.com/watch/5103460-atraco-en-la-barra-payan
http://www.cmonkeys.org/blog/2010/12/11/un-atraco-sin-bulto-atraco-a-cafeteria-barra-payan/
http://www.lahoralatina.net/2010/12/camaras-de-seguridad-graban-asalto-en.html

After a little googling im now positive that is the barra payan atraco video. Hope they did catch and kill those SOBs as well...

Last edited:

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Can anyone verify if that is Barra Payan through a related news article or something that doesn't reference the video?

emonero

May 22, 2012
That is not Barra payan.... That video was from Cafeteria Don Guelo in Villa Juana according to the comments in Youtube...