Sausage guy...Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanahoria

Nov 25, 2006
The 'underground deli' is being taken over by new people from the UK. As far as I am aware you will be able to buy the English sausages, bacon and lots of other stuff from them, over the counter. They will also have a new menu, that will be simple and better value.

Grand opening is Tuesday 26th May.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
If we are talking about the same Darren, the English butcher that used to sell sausages and bacon a couple of years ago then he is no longer here. He sold his business to Joy and Tommy, previous owners of the Rose and Thistle pub in Sosua. Unfortunately Joy and Tommy split up and Tommy still continues his butchery behind the Underground Deli on Pedro Clisante, (where Tanja's bakery was). As mentioned the underground has it's grand opening next week.
Joy went on to open Pandoras Box and if you like meat pies then that is the place to go for a very nice steak and mushroom pie. Only problem is that she never makes enough! She also has English breakfasts, the sausages and bacon are from her ex-husband's, (Tommy) butcher store. Along with the 2 German butchers and the German butcher in Playero, we are now spoilt for choice as far as excellent sausages are concerned!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Joy and Tommy, previous owners of the Rose and Thistle pub in Sosua. Unfortunately Joy and Tommy split up and Tommy still continues his butchery behind the Underground Deli on Pedro Clisante,

Joy went on to open Pandoras Box and She also has English breakfasts, the sausages and bacon are from her ex-husband's, (Tommy) butcher store. !

Where is Pandoras Box located so i can continue to get that great English Breakfast? I was bummed to see the Rose & Thistle closed on my last visit.

I used to love the big English Breakfast at Rose & thistle after a night of de-butchery :bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.