Saving the Parrots

victorvt.2011

May 31, 2011
These days the bird are really getting disappears, the reason is that", people selling the birds here and there and the second reason is that ", with the usage of the mobile they get
infected and disturbed

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Is Groupo Jaragua or anyone engaged in any sort of active breeding program? Is there an active reserve somewhere that is protected? Why Moca? If is known that these guys are selling there and if it is against the law.. wait, is it against the law to sell them?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
It's against the law, problem is in the enforcement.

"La captura, tr?fico y/o posesi?n de cotorras est? prohibida por la Ley General sobre Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales No. 64-00"

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
Coming out of Santiago airport on Tuesday heading toward SDQ, we saw one stand with 4 Macaws for sale right on the side of the road. ANother guy a bit further down selling a set of love birds. Guess the police there didn't get the memo?

Jul 4, 2010
A week ago, I bumped into two suspicious men in my land. They were after a bird they call "pl?tano maduro". The bird seems to nest in 'palma real' trees. They said each bird fetches around 8.000 pesos in Santo Domingo. I'm trying to identify the bird myself. I could use the money.

Steve Martin

Jun 13, 2011
Not only the parrots .All the species,animals and wild life should be saved.Water should not be polluted and forests should not be removed form the land.We should all step forward.