Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am in Puerto Plata and regularly help tourists get school supplies distributed. Seems like you have lots of help with distribution in Cabarete.

However - if you want help with buyings supplies when you are here - feel free to contact me. There are several places in Puerto Plata we can go to or if you have a wish to - we can go to Santiago too!

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
I am in Puerto Plata and regularly help tourists get school supplies distributed. Seems like you have lots of help with distribution in Cabarete.

However - if you want help with buyings supplies when you are here - feel free to contact me. There are several places in Puerto Plata we can go to or if you have a wish to - we can go to Santiago too!

Very kind offer, thanks indeed.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Supplies

Don't forget the teachers. I think Charlielyn wrote teacher supplies. We realized the first time we took stuff for the kids that the teachers were often dipping into their meager pay. Chalk baby. You'll get un abrazo fuerte for chalk.

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
Don't forget the teachers. I think Charlielyn wrote teacher supplies. We realized the first time we took stuff for the kids that the teachers were often dipping into their meager pay. Chalk baby. You'll get un abrazo fuerte for chalk.

OK, Farmer, what is un abrazo fuerte?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
A word of caution - while we all love the idea of seeing the smiles on the faces of the kids in school - please understand how disruptive it is to a schoolroom when foreigners show up. Unfortunately these kids get little enough actually time with the teachers learning.

So, if you must go in person, plan to go at the end of the school session. That way you disrupt as little as possible!

Mooseman

Oct 28, 2007
A word of caution - while we all love the idea of seeing the smiles on the faces of the kids in school - please understand how disruptive it is to a schoolroom when foreigners show up. Unfortunately these kids get little enough actually time with the teachers learning.

So, if you must go in person, plan to go at the end of the school session. That way you disrupt as little as possible!

Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.