Scotiabank Withdrawal - CDN$

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Wondering if anyone has done a withdrawal from a scotiabank atm ? Wondering what the exchange is from from Canadian account ?

Market is showing at 1.00 Canadian Dollar = 39.770431 Dominican Pesos

bank should be giving 1.00 CDN Dollar = 37.5 or so pesos ****i'm guesstimating***

If anyone can give a "factual" answer , would be appreciated.
Thanks

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Wondering if anyone has done a withdrawal from a scotiabank atm ? Wondering what the exchange is from from Canadian account ?

bank should be giving 1.00 CDN Dollar = 37.5 or so pesos ****i'm guesstimating***

Thanks
10,000 pesos yesterday cost $260.02 CAD. 38.45858

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Thanks

Lou my darling, one thing you need to understand is that the exchange rate changes at least every day. So there's not a lot of point in posting on a forum like DR1 to ask what the exchange rate is because whatever is posted will only be right at that particular point in time. A little like posting to ask what time it is!

The best place to see what Scotiabank exchange rate is is on Scotiabank's website where you can see it in all it's glory, 24/7.

Note that there are two rates. The lower one is if you are converting into pesos, and the higher one is if you are converting into CND Dollars.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Lou my darling, one thing you need to understand is that the exchange rate changes at least every day. So there's not a lot of point in posting on a forum like DR1 to ask what the exchange rate is because whatever is posted will only be right at that particular point in time. A little like posting to ask what time it is!

The best place to see what Scotiabank exchange rate is is on Scotiabank's website where you can see it in all it's glory, 24/7.

Note that there are two rates. The lower one is if you are converting into pesos, and the higher one is if you are converting into CND Dollars.
thanks but i am well aware the exchange rate changes on a daily , to be precise, hourly on the foreign exchange , i was looking to see the difference between scotiabank and market. as a scotiabank card holder , there are no ATM FEES .

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto

Thanks
The ATM rate should be 2.5% less than the forex rate.
The exchange rate inside the bank will be around 5% lower.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
SIMILAR QUESTION REGARDING ATM WITHDRAWAL AT ATMs :

Which bank atm machines allowed withdrawals of $50,000 pesos in one single atm transaction ?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is a limit on how much you can withdraw. I have never seen any ATM that allowed a 50k peso withdrawal. You would need to go inside the bank for that amount.

Reactions: rey

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I have managed to get 20 K DOP in one ATM transaction, never more any bank. The next day the same ATM can have a 3 K limit. The limit is at the ATM side not on my card.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
There is a limit on how much you can withdraw. I have never seen any ATM that allowed a 50k peso withdrawal. You would need to go inside the bank for that amount
Thanks … great answer … I will do as you said

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And that is why I posted 5 withdrawals...so he would understand

Progreso used to give $20 at a time
I remember those days. lol.

The other thing to remember is the size of the output slot.

I can get 20K in one shot, but it's a tight fit coming out of the machine.

I think there's a physical limitation to the machine that prevents larger quantities