SD to Samana Autopista

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Since November I have had occasion to travel from LT to SD every couple of weeks either by car, Caribe or guagua. I have become increasing saddened by the growth in these inane giant hoardings along the roadside . It was and still is to a lesser extent an attractive road very much including the scenery. Now an increasing amount is obstructed by these ugly hoardings. Most of them tell you nothing new - Claro,Orange as if you had never heard of them. Some of them are just before entering the Los Haites national park where neither of them have any signal. I don?t suppose us poor immigrants can do anything about it. I remember as a youngster visiting France not long after the war, my French hostess remarked that the only good thing, in her opinion, the Germans had done was the enforced removal of all hoardings along the autoroutes.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
???

Since November I have had occasion to travel from LT to SD every couple of weeks either by car, Caribe or guagua. I have become increasing saddened by the growth in these inane giant hoardings along the roadside . It was and still is to a lesser extent an attractive road very much including the scenery. Now an increasing amount is obstructed by these ugly hoardings. Most of them tell you nothing new - Claro,Orange as if you had never heard of them. Some of them are just before entering the Los Haites national park where neither of them have any signal. I don?t suppose us poor immigrants can do anything about it. I remember as a youngster visiting France not long after the war, my French hostess remarked that the only good thing, in her opinion, the Germans had done was the enforced removal of all hoardings along the autoroutes.

For us poor americans do Hoardings = Billboards?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Sorry, yes those big, ugly notices stuck up on metal towers, does that equal Billboards? Two friendly nations divided by a language I read somewhere.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
i am missing the whole point of this thread.
Something tells me these billboards aka hoardings pay a fee to go towards the maintenance of the new highway? I dont recall there being that many either, asides from the ones up at each toll booth...I dont remember there being more than 10 or 12?