SDQ-Sosua? Best current way plz

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
fast, easy, value for money....I would fly if I found a domestic flight for up to $150 in my search but did not...
There are no domestic flights. Fast and easy would be to rent a car or private taxi which will cost about $200. A taxi will still take you about three and a half hours to Sosua.

Reactions: jd426

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Bus service using Metro or Caribe tours.
The guaguas run on a regular schedule but phone to check just to be sure. SD- Sosua is 4.5 on a good run and 5.5 slow. I went mid February, Metro is better.

Metro

Caribe Tours
What they said...
I took Caribe Tours.
Made a round trip in one day.
I have never been on Metro but I have several friends that have also recommended them over Caribe Tours and always use them to ship things to me.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I think the most direct way using public transport is a taxi to Caribe Tours Las Americas station, Caribe tours bus to Rio San Juan, Gua-gua or carrito to Sosua. I once did this going to Cabarete and paid the carrito driver 500 pesos to leave immediately and guarantee I had the front seat to myself.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think the most direct way using public transport is a taxi to Caribe Tours Las Americas station, Caribe tours bus to Rio San Juan, Gua-gua or carrito to Sosua. I once did this going to Cabarete and paid the carrito driver 500 pesos to leave immediately and guarantee I had the front seat to myself.
How long did that take?

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have often found benefits to going with the flow.
When I returning from Santo Domingo to Sosua on Caribe Tours the bridge was out.
So, I walked across the bridge and got looked for a way to complete my trip.
First carro publico was gringo hunting.
Wanted 500 pesos to take me to my final destination.
Forget that.
Got out of his vehicle.
Walked across the street.
I got in the first one in line to leave for the regular people
Front seat.
Had to wait for the car to fill up.
Stone cold 8(chica) literally sat down in my lap.
Good thing I had self control.
I have had worse things happen to me.
(inset the "devilish smirk" emoji here)
Arrived at the carro publico station across from the Texaco station on the main drag.
Walked two blocks to my final destination.
50 DOP
I am time rich, but cash poor.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
What they said...
I took Caribe Tours.
Made a round trip in one day.
I have never been on Metro but I have several friends that have also recommended them over Caribe Tours and always use them to ship things to me.
I took Caribe a few times in the fall. They’re slower.
On the “fast” guagua (RD$550)from SDQ-Sosua, they stop dozens of times that can slow it down as much as an hour. Pedro Brand, Imbert, and all along the way. Plus Santiago and Puerto Plata.
The slow guagua(RD$500) does that as well as stop in La Vega.
Although my last Caribe trip I made that trip in 4.5 hours, I couldn’t believe it. I wonder if they didn’t get complaints.

Metro was faster, better service, made no stops. I will not take Caribe again where Metro is an option.

The only advantage Caribe has is they usually leave every half hour and Metro every hour. Well worth the wait.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I took Caribe a few times in the fall. They’re slower.
On the “fast” guagua (RD$550)from SDQ-Sosua, they stop dozens of times that can slow it down as much as an hour. Pedro Brand, Imbert, and all along the way. Plus Santiago and Puerto Plata.
The slow guagua(RD$500) does that as well as stop in La Vega.
Although my last Caribe trip I made that trip in 4.5 hours, I couldn’t believe it. I wonder if they didn’t get complaints.

Metro was faster, better service, made no stops. I will not take Caribe again where Metro is an option.

The only advantage Caribe has is they usually leave every half hour and Metro every hour. Well worth the wait.
I would take Metro also but when the bridge was shut down they completely stopped service to Sosua during the time I wanted to travel.
The advantage I found is that my arrival location was better on Caribe Tours in Santo Domingo.
But the departure location is better for Metro in Sosua.

Complain about time in the Dominican Republic and get a response?
You have have a better chance of getting blood out of a rock.
Or successfully pounding sand into a shape you would like it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Caribe Tours first bus in the morning.
Last bus in the evening. I've done it at least
a dozen times to and from both destinations.
Santo Domingo to Sosua, Sosua to Santo Domingo
(always from the main stations, not the airport)
No problem.

Tho with it being Semana Santa
now I wouldn't recommend you try catching the
last bus leaving Sosua this time of the year because
it will sell out fast.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I would take Metro also but when the bridge was shut down they completely stopped service to Sosua during the time I wanted to travel.
The advantage I found is that my arrival location was better on Caribe Tours in Santo Domingo.
But the departure location is better for Metro in Sosua.

Complain about time in the Dominican Republic and get a response?
You have have a better chance of getting blood out of a rock.
Or successfully pounding sand into a shape you would like it.
I’m saying when you find a fast service, you stick with it.

Also, Dominicans will not tolerate paying the extra $50 pesos for a fast bust that takes longer than the cheaper one.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas