Secretary of State???

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Greetings All, and Happy New Year!

Can anyone please tell me the name of the Dominican Republic's Secretary of State? Is it Frank Jorge?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

-Indie

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Frank Jorge was minister of tourism many many years ago. I do not recall that he was given a job in this government. Could be possible and he is a minister sans portfolio. Would have to double check.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The person that is what would correspond to being the Sec. of State (here he is the Minister of Foreign Relations) is Carolos Morales Troncoso

HB :D:D

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dolores said:
Frank Jorge was minister of tourism many many years ago. I do not recall that he was given a job in this government. Could be possible and he is a minister sans portfolio. Would have to double check.
If I am not mistaken, minister of sans portfolio is, Mr. Bienvenido Perez. He was the ex consul in Ny during the previous leonal government. He was running for the mayor's position in the recent party elections.
AZB

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Thank you all for your replies - they were very helpful, esp. the link posted by "something of the night".

Now, I'm trying to locate Hans Hertell, U.S. Ambassador to the D.R. Does anyone know his office phone #, address, website? Again, thank you all in advance for your help.

-Indie

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Hi Jon S! Nice to hear from you!
I've been terribly busy, but I'll pop in every now and then to chat and continue slaying y'all with my charming and witty posts....

Is my fan club still around???

-Indie :cheeky:

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Indie...

First of all, I hope you had success with the info you were provided. Secondly, you know who I am, MamIndie: A thrice-banned, but fully-recovered and newly-minted productive member of this forum. Gone are the days of bush-bashing and people-hating, with the possible exception of those posts regarding you-know-who, but which were done in fun. No more chit-chat and no more going off topic. And, much to my chagrin, there won’t be any more politics, sports, music, and the like, no matter how good the bait is. And politically speaking, the closest I’ll get to it, are the use of my screen name and signoff, both of which are feeble attempts to impress our good friend from the other side of the pond with my limited knowledge of UK politics.

So, after having been touched by the Flying Spaghetti Monster’s noodly appendage, I’ve seen the light. There are only two choices: Do well or do nothing, unless you witness wrongdoing. Then the perpetrator will incur the FSM’s wrath. Otherwise, I’ll be a good boy, although I truly hate the arrogance displayed by some Dominicans, except when it’s done by the sophisticated golo, who does it with style.

-JCorbyn

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hahaha, I should've known it was you, man. How are things in Texas? Take care....... :p

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Light goes on, it's Josito :surprised

welcome back with your new and improved personality. ;)

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Happy Dominican Independence Day everyone!
something of the night, I liked you right away. My Joseito, master of disguise, you are a class act and you stand apart. How could I not have known it was you? By the way, how can you improve perfection?

Wow, it's GOOD to be back!!

-Indie

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
JonS, AnnaC...

Well, thanks for the welcome. Texas kicks rear, although H-town ain’t no Hig?ey. And, MamIndie, thank you for those undeserving kind words. But I would approach semi-mediocrity status if I was a problem-solver of some sort. See, unlike most Dominican men, I’ve never excelled at solving Pythagoras’s Theorem, even though the resulting (incessant) equation—via eggplant reasoning—yields that inevitable square root. “It’s all in the technique,” they say.

Brutally honest and terminally chulo,

-The Kid
Dominican by birth, pariguayo by choice