Sensationalism on DR1?

Do DR1ers sensationalize their stories about 'negative' experiences in the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • Its difficult to tell the difference.

Votes: 13 20.6%

• Total voters

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
I agree with both Funnyyale and Lindsey: it can be difficult to tell whether stories are sensationalized, but does it matter - I run everything through the filter of my own experience and take it from there. I find this site to be very informative and entertaining; plus, after you read a few posts from a particular person you can determine whether to skip over those in the future, or not.
Lindsey, your comparison of this site to a soap opera is right on - I check in several times a day but on the few occasions where I did not have access I found I missed nothing vital - it's just a great place to exchange ideas/info/laugh - thanks to all who contribute.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I voted no. Things happen. Unfortunately, it appears that there is an interest in downplaying negative things, as if those who respond were witness to whatever occurred. Seen it on this board enough times not to really care anymore.

Since we're on the topic of sensationalism, and this major news directly involves the DR, where should this go? Airline workers among 18 people charged with drug trafficking at JFK - CNN.com

Sadly, not even on the DR1.