SERVICE DOG

potus

Dec 27, 2015
This was my question>>Does anyone know the Rules and Regulations for service dogs in this Country specifically?
Meanwhile I received some absurd health advise ...that reveal the mind of a 6 year old.......scam alerts ...and a lot of opinions on "Emotional Support Dogs"(which I do not even know what they are or might be)........
If anyone can possibly answer my question, I would be extremely grateful........Thank you in advance.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
Absolutely.
Update>>I met with 2 of our Attorneys....(both general practitioners), neither one had any idea what I was talking about. In conclusion they said, that to their knowledge such laws do not exist here......

Reactions: Jan

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Update>>I met with 2 of our Attorneys....(both general practitioners), neither one had any idea what I was talking about. In conclusion they said, that to their knowledge such laws do not exist here......
thank gawd !!

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Geez Big.
Your empathy knows no bounds. [/sarc]
There, but for the Grace of God, goes Big.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Thanks for the update

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Geez Big.
Your empathy knows no bounds. [/sarc]
There, but for the Grace of God, goes Big.
My consideration knows no bounds. I am a gentleman and would not expose people to my hobby. As I indicated, a service dog for the visually impaired is acceptable. The other conditions are a scam and amount to forcing people to embrace a hobby (pet). I am as adamant about it as I am with people who blast music. They think they are just "sharing" their music with others, when in fact they are imposing on them in a large way.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
My consideration knows no bounds. I am a gentleman and would not expose people to my hobby. As I indicated, a service dog for the visually impaired is acceptable. The other conditions are a scam and amount to forcing people to embrace a hobby (pet). I am as adamant about it as I am with people who blast music. They think they are just "sharing" their music with others, when in fact they are imposing on them in a large way.
I'm kinda on your side but would make another exception for combat related stress. I never saw combat but my dad did. It changes you big time.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
But in this case you were responding to a fellow dr1'er (potus) in a very flippant manner.
He has already talked to us about escalating problems with his eyesight.
Hence the reason for Arsen, his fully trained service dog, to be at his side.
He is not prancing around with a little chihuahua in his arms.
A little compassion wouldn't hurt.

Reactions: Big and irishpaddy

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The OP asked a specific question, if you have no information relative to his question then no need to post.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
This was my question>>Does anyone know the Rules and Regulations for service dogs in this Country specifically?
Meanwhile I received some absurd health advise ...that reveal the mind of a 6 year old.......scam alerts ...and a lot of opinions on "Emotional Support Dogs"(which I do not even know what they are or might be)........
If anyone can possibly answer my question, I would be extremely grateful........Thank you in advance.
I wanted to let you know I saw your comment on my blog The Dominican Dog Blog. I asked a few of my dog rescue friends and am waiting for a response. So far 2 said they have no idea about the rules. If I hear anything I will make sure to post and let you know.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks for the update
Just as was said. There are no specific laws here. I spoke with a lady what works training service dogs in DR. She said if you have a certified dog and need a service dog vest she can help. She also trains and can help you with info. I don't want to share her number in a public forum. You can message me and I will send you her contact ino.