Sesor Airlines La Romana - Brasil

agomera

Nov 16, 2005
A partir de este mes la compa??a a?rea dominicana Sesor Airlines va a iniciar vuelos directos desde y hacia el Brasil, inform? el ministro consejero de la embajada brasile?a en Santo Domingo, Luiz F. Pandia.

Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
There is no such airline, this carrier has no records, registrations, codes or any permittions to operate.

The same story happened with Taino Airlines, they announced a huge program of direct flights from LRM to Europe few years ago, bit nothing happened.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, if Sesor airlines does a wet lease with another airline, and makes the charter/regular flight under that airline's flight number, and Sesor just markets/sells flights, they don't need registration. But the original airline doing a physical flying needs permission from DR and Brazil.

It's something like when Hooters Air started in the USA, they were using wet-lease aircrafts and crews from Pace Airlines, an official air charter company in the USA.

So the story may be true, it's just missing a lot of relevant information.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
In this case it will be a flight operator, not the carrier, like a company that hires a charter flight. What I don-t understand is if passengers will be brasilian tourists, why brasilian touroperators need a dominican company, that?s not even an airline, they can hire any plane like Sesor would, so there is no point.

If someone want to operate any route, the first need is a plane, if you don-t have one, hire any charter carrier and they will fly anywhere, just don-t forget to pay, so I think that brasilian touroperators will have their way to find the plane.

Feb 7, 2007
I don't know, but maybe the requirements of Brazilian charter operators may be unacceptable to Brazilian tour operators, and the Dominican company offered them a better deal? Why, then, almost all of South America send their tourist via LAN, Copa and Taca?

Also, from a business point of view, filling a Boeing 767 or alike might be difficult every week or so, for one tour operator. So a Dominican company (maybe with Brazilian ties?) does a wet-lease and offers the plane to various tour operators. A tour operator needs to sell packages and have seats available, not worry about spare seats selling or seats going vacant.

As a saying in aviation goes, once the plane takes off, empty seats is a lost seat.

But this is all just a speculation.

BTW, I have seen almost no charter ad-hoc or public charter services from LA, if not private jets. Maybe it's not that easy to do that in Brazil directly.

P.S. Flight Operator vs. Carrier - I don't think Dominican Media (or any general [non-industry] media for that reason) is that sophisticated to know and understand the difference. For them - You sell seats (and maybe the aircraft has even your name painted on it) - you are a carrier, basically. Wet lease, operating carrier, public charter, scheduled charter, that's far away from their understanding.
Many people fly on code-share flights and see Airline XYZ printed on their ticket and then go surprised when they board the plane and the operating carrier is not who they thought it was.

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
new airlines

Wait until this coming weekend. Watch for a plane coming in from Mexico City to land in LRM.;)

Maiko

Aug 30, 2002
Sao Paulo and others will be 767 ER's and for the island hopping will be BAE 146, if it is the airline that I'm thinking of, but cannot be sure just yet. Again wait until this weekend, and also June 12th.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Well, I am wondering, LAN couldn't make it here, even though they have all the money they need. Many airlines failed to operate here - Air Santo Domingo, APA, Queen Air, Air Atlantic, Viva, Pan Am Dominican, Sap Express

So I don't think this new airline will be able to stay for long. Airline business is tough nowdays, 1 plane with 1-2 destinations will kill it.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Really. It is interesting to know where can they find 14 planes now, it is not so easy to get new modern planes. Also the question is where will they fly on those 14 planes. All of them longhaul?

All we have to do is sit and wait, keeping out of everybodys's way. We'll see ehat happen.