SF CountrySide?

msa319

Mar 11, 2002
Need a little advice from the members that have lived in DR or visited the countryside. My wife is originally from DR, the countryside in SF de Macoris. She has asked me to go with her and stay in the countryside with her Grandparents. I suggested we stay in the city and just go visit but she said her grandparents wouldn't like that. I am a gringo that has lived in the suburbs of NY all my life and used to all the comforts 24 hrs a day that come with it. I am not a snob in anyway just a little nervous that I am getting in over my head. Any opinions or advice?

pati

Feb 3, 2004
msa319 said:
I am not a snob in anyway just a little nervous that I am getting in over my head. Any opinions or advice?

Those of us who were born an raised in the states are accustomed to a different lifestyle. You would probably feel more comfortable finding a hotel in San Francisco de Macoris.We stayed at an all inclusive there. I think the name was Costa Caribe.Check on the internet for hotels in that area.

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Stay at the grandparents for a couple of nights. It will be an experience and please the wife. Than go to the nice hotel in Macoris. Which campo is your wife from? Mine is from Jaya. Tom F.