Shipping a car from Toronto to Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Lambada said:
gjsuk,
are you telling us that wales who knew everything before he got here, got done for US$15,000 for ONE car?
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.................................... ;)

Wonder what the horse & the lear jet cost.............

you might think that but I couldn't possibly comment!!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
stallion said:
Ok, And how easy is it to get a job in the embassy?. I mean I seen the canadian embassy in puerto plata and they only have 3 people working there. If it was that easy everyone on this post would have done it. thanks for the siggestion anyways.

mmmm...can't you smell a joke! :tired: I can only dream of getting myself a job there, can you imagine, I would be able to ship in my Kraft Family size peanut butter jar, my maple syrup and my pillsbury blueberry pockets....now that would be heaven!!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
juanita said:
mmmm...can't you smell a joke! :tired: I can only dream of getting myself a job there, can you imagine, I would be able to ship in my Kraft Family size <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=21&k=peanut%20butter" onmouseover="window.status='peanut butter'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">peanut butter</a> jar, my <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=21&k=maple%20syrup" onmouseover="window.status='maple syrup'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">maple syrup</a> and my pillsbury blueberry pockets....now that would be heaven!!

Ok now I get your joke hahaha.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Update: My car finally got to Santo Domingo. It cost me 600 USD to ship it from New Jersey and 185k pesos in custom taxes (this included the "break" I got because my brother is a dealer). Taxes depend on how much they value your car. For this they use a rate table and it doesn't matter how much you actually paid for it. My car is a 2001 Honda Accord. They valued it at 12,500 USD. The model I have is the top of the line with sunroof, spoiler, leather, etc...so it pays a lot more than a regular model. I was told that if I had consigned it to an individual, instead of my brother's business it would have cost me around 240k pesos to get it out of customs.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
suarezn said:
Update: My car finally got to Santo Domingo. It cost me 600 USD to ship it from New Jersey and 185k pesos in custom taxes (this included the "break" I got because my brother is a dealer). Taxes depend on how much they value your car. For this they use a rate table and it doesn't matter how much you actually paid for it. My car is a 2001 Honda Accord. They valued it at 12,500 USD. The model I have is the top of the line with sunroof, spoiler, leather, etc...so it pays a lot more than a regular model. I was told that if I had consigned it to an individual, instead of my brother's business it would have cost me around 240k pesos to get it out of customs.

Thanks for letting us know.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
I would like to know

I wonder if someone here have the rate list for shipping a car to DR.

The reason is that I'm planning to bring a car from Toronto but before doing so, I would like to know or have and idea about the rate that I will pay depending the type of car and year.

1- I just want to know who has the rate list that can help with the info that I need ?

Thanks for any info

Hom

sharrisct25

Sep 17, 2005
Has anyone ever tried to ship the car in parts?

Or buy a wrecked car in DR and ship the body panels and engine from the US? Also it seems like cars are getting cheaper in DR lately or is in just my whiteness speaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.