Should US Citzens Protest the DR for How Haitians are Treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larieau100

Aug 13, 2015
The stories I have recently been reading on how the Dr government is treating Haitians is really sickening. I am hearing cases of children being deported without their parents knowledge, Haitian pregnant women being denied entry at hospitals and having to give birth outside. Also some cases of Haitians providing their proper legal paperwork to police and still being deported.

There are also more and more cases reported of African-Americans on vacation in the DR being detained based on their skin color.

The US State Department has posted a warning to US citizens that dark skin African Americans are being detained based on their skin color.

I think it's time that people of the world say we are not going to support a government that treats people this way and protest by VACATIONING ELSEWHERE!

Reactions: Nadie21

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
While the DR does have the right to enforce its laws and borders, I do agree that humane treatment should be the order of the day. But until there are multiple videos showing inhumane treatment, it's still just hearsay. As posted on another thread. I have seen one black American arrested when he obviously spoke good English. He was not mistreated terribly but he was cuffed which is never pleasant. He was subsequently released.

It may be that the police policy is to round up all blacks/Haitian looking and bring them in for later authentication. I don't know. I do know that if that's the policy, they can do it humanely.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The stories I have recently been reading on how the Dr government is treating Haitians is really sickening. I am hearing cases of children being deported without their parents knowledge, Haitian pregnant women being denied entry at hospitals and having to give birth outside. Also some cases of Haitians providing their proper legal paperwork to police and still being deported.

There are also more and more cases reported of African-Americans on vacation in the DR being detained based on their skin color.

The US State Department has posted a warning to US citizens that dark skin African Americans are being detained based on their skin color.

I think it's time that people of the world say we are not going to support a government that treats people this way and protest by VACATIONING ELSEWHERE!
Maybe just stories, got any factual reports. You are the type of person that causes or makes problems where there aren't any. Mountains out of molehills. I was once put in a separate room by Dominican immigration in POP and my passport taken. After 45 minutes a official entered , gave me my passport back, and said have a good vacation. No explanation, nothing. I guess I was profiled, or somebody with the same name was a wanted criminal, who knows. I didn't take to the internet and start asking for boycotts.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Is someone comparing being respectfully detained in comfort and air conditioning in while sitting in a chair in a separate room for 45 minutes while immigration investigation was conducted to being rounded up placed in handcuffs and held in custody for half a day or overnight?
:rolleyes:
You have the right to post your opinion without being personally attacked.
See post #3, #4, #5
I have seen one black American arrested when he obviously spoke good English. He was not mistreated terribly but he was cuffed which is never pleasant. He was subsequently released.
Thank you @NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Yourmaninvegas

See post #3, #4, #5

So this comes directly from the US Embassy, the masters of BS to be ignored.

And your post is pretty much "The Pot calling the Kettle Black"..........

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Is someone comparing being respectfully detained in comfort and air conditioning in while sitting in a chair in a separate room for 45 minutes while immigration investigation was conducted to being rounded up placed in handcuffs and held in custody for half a day or overnight?
:rolleyes:

See post #3, #4, #5

Thank you @NanSanPedro
It happens, but do you know why he was detained and cuffed? Could be his name showed up on the computer. My BIL was detained in Miami for 12 hours by ICE because some other Dominican with the same name was wanted on drug charges. Took 12 hours to sort it out. There was no air conditioning and it wasnt comfortable either. At the time my Spanish was very limited.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Me personally I don't believe AA mistaken and and mistreated in DR by Police Is a common issue, I drove AA allover Dominican territory for years and everyone was welcome and treated in a proper way.

JJ

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Everyone should go where they are treated best‼️
But you can bet 🇩🇴 GOV does not want a bunch of vacationers from any country to not visit and taking their hard currency elsewhere.
💵💴💶💷
💸🚫

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

You should definitely prostest if you feel that way.

• Haha
Reactions: bob saunders

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ

you know what they say about the door when you are leaving

Reactions: Big

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am unfamiliar with the express of which you speak.
Please share it with us.

Come on Vegas, every red-blooded American knows what he means. Back on topic please.
420FA13E-C49F-4B06-9CCE-96B4F745DEF9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.