Similar to Blackbeards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry03

Nov 11, 2002
blackbeards

I wouldn't normally respond to this type of post, but after possible too much "vino tinto" this afternoon, I will offer my opinion.
Book a room at L'Oase resort (L?ase Resort and Racquetball Club A Dominican Republic Tropical Paradise - About L?ase Resort and Racquetball Club ) in Costambar. This is a place similar to a B&B but is chica freindly.
From L"Oase your freind will be 10 minutes by foot or 3 minites by motochonco or taxi to Blackbeards.
He can then enjoy as much time as he wants at Blackbeards and can return accompanied to L"Oase.
Henry

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
He is medically retired NAVY SPECOPS, timid is not in play. He has a very slight shoulder injury, nothing that prevents him from doing what 10 normal men could do

Maybe we will give New Garden Hotel a look, thanks for the info

Cool...

New Garden is located on Dr Rosen. If your facing the Gas Station on the main highway in Sosua, Dr Rosen is on your right. take it, cross Pedro Clisante (main drag in Sosua) and the New Garden will be on your right couple hundred feet.

There are also at least two Diving Centers in Sosua. One is on Pedro Clisante about a three minute walk from the NG. The other is right at the beach entrance.

There is a map posted here somewhere. If I come across it I'll send it.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
He is medically retired NAVY SPECOPS, timid is not in play. He has a very slight shoulder injury, nothing that prevents him from doing what 10 normal men could do

He simply asked to find a place where he could hang out, maybe pick up a diving tour, ATV tour etc while I was in Santiago couple days, no big deal, doesn't need chaperone's..wee will be all over Island teh next two weeks, just thought there might be something similar to BB's where he could base himself until I got back at night, really simple if you think about it

Maybe we will give New Garden Hotel a look, thanks for the info

This sounds like a person who would have more fun staying at the New Garden than at BBs in my opinion. He will have the availability of on site entertainment with the ability to find more and explore a little if he chooses to. He will have a bar/restaurant/pool to lounge around. Within a 10 minute maximum walk he can get to the beach or just about anyplace around town. Also he can meet like minded other guests to pal around with.

There is typically a friendly atmosphere at the hotel so people will see him alone and ask him to do things with them. I think if he has been to BlackBeards and liked it he will like staying at the NG even better with its ability to be as relaxed or as crazy as you want to make it.

My only suggestion is if he enjoys more peace and quiet at night to get an upstairs room away from the pool area for less noise from the fellow party guests at night. If he doesnt mind the noise get a bottom floor room in the middle of the action.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
It sounds as if you're trying to baby your friend too much. Either that or you're making this way too complicated than it should be for no reason.

Now if your friend can handle Special Ops, he can handle Sosua no problem.

The on-site entertainment at Blackbeards' and Field of Dreams leaves a lot to be desired. It is usually hit or miss, unless your friend likes table scraps that is.

At least in Sosua he can choose and not be trapped into whatever is on site.

Because let's face it, if you're friend is going to pay for it, he might as well have a choice. Unless he wants to stay at Blackbeards' waiting for the chica to finish with her previous client while he sits outside the guy's room and calls "NEXT".

Sosua is close to the beach, is livelier than being in the middle of nowhere and is so tourist friendly your friend would not be hampered if he doesn't speak a word of spanish. And everything is basically within walking distance.

Any decent hotel will do. They offer basically the same amenities for around the same price, but you could always pay more if you like.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Another case of a poster having a preconceived idea of what they want for an answer and when not receiving exactly that, not being satisfied. The result is a thread which wanders off topic until it is eventually, inevitably - CLOSED.

Gregg
Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.