Sky High Dominicana

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Has anyone had any experience on Sky High? I want to visit a friend in St Kitts. The options are a direct flight on Sky High which leaves SDQ at a convenient 2pm and returns at 4.30pm a few days later, perfect times for me. Or flying on a more well-known airline like Copa, paying a lot more and having 2 or 3 connections, so a way longer trip, more hassle, more cost. Obviously I'm attracted to Sky High. They are flying Embraer planes which seem to have a good track record and I can't find many recent reviews on them.
i flew with them last mintue to Miami. The plane was mostly empty. It does say on their site they have a 15 pound limit for carry on luggage but they did not hassle me. My bag was the correct dimensions but weight over 15 pounds. I got a one-way for 247 that included a bag (didn't check a bag)

Everything was professional except for the guy at the check-in counter who told me "to' frio manito" after he gave me my ticket. :LOL:

It was my first time not flying on AA so i didn't know what to expect but i'd utilize them again for sure.

Reactions: tht

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
i flew with them last mintue to Miami. The plane was mostly empty. It does say on their site they have a 15 pound limit for carry on luggage but they did not hassle me. My bag was the correct dimensions but weight over 15 pounds. I got a one-way for 247 that included a bag (didn't check a bag)

Everything was professional except for the guy at the check-in counter who told me "to' frio manito" after he gave me my ticket. :LOL:

It was my first time not flying on AA so i didn't know what to expect but i'd utilize them again for sure.
Good to know. I wonder how long it will last?

BTBH, I have never had a problem going in and out of Miami. I always make reservations in advance and select a seat online as close to first class as I can to be one of the first ones off of the plane.
So it's a quick walk to customs and glide through with my Global Entry and out the front door. (99% of the time I am carry-on only)
Easily less than 20-25 minutes.
But then again, I like the way "the plane was mostly empty" sounds.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019

BTBH, I have never had a problem going in and out of Miami. I always make reservations in advance and select a seat online as close to first class as I can to be one of the first ones off of the plane.
So it's a quick walk to customs and glide through with my Global Entry and out the front door. (99% of the time I am carry-on only)
NIce! The only issue was that the gate was we landed and the gate was in concourse F. Their immigration was closed and we had to walk all the way to D. It was insane. Most of the walkways were closed as well as all Miami airport trains.

I do need to get global entry one of these days.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
NIce! The only issue was that the gate was we landed and the gate was in concourse F. Their immigration was closed and we had to walk all the way to D. It was insane. Most of the walkways were closed as well as all Miami airport trains.

I do need to get global entry one of these days.
The first time you use it, you'll say to yourself you're going to keep it forever. The feeling when you walk by hundreds of persons standing in line is work it's weight in Gold

Reactions: NanSanPedro

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Not so easy if you're not American though! (I assume that "Global Entry" is not available to foreigners.)

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
The first time you use it, you'll say to yourself you're going to keep it forever. The feeling when you walk by hundreds of persons standing in line is work it's weight in Gold
Yes i know! Each time i go home i am never there for long and haven't made it a priority. Thanks!