Small gifts for local dr children

laurar

Jun 19, 2008
I have heard that you can also contact your airline and ask about extra luggage since you are bringing all those items for the children of DR eg humanitarian means

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have heard that you can also contact your airline and ask about extra luggage since you are bringing all those items for the children of DR eg humanitarian means

This can be done provided you have a letter from a registered charity. From past experience, I suggest contacting the airline ahead of time...not all surprises at the airport are good ones:ermm:.

In Canada, try contacting BTBCF (Beyond the Beach Childrens Foundation). They can help you ensure correct distribution too.

sarge

Dec 15, 2008
not always true. public schools have very condensed hours. because a child is on the street, doesn't mean he/she wasn't in school for a few hours in morning/evening, depending. also, many teachers will reprimand students for not having proper supplies/clothing, which inhibits them from attending. traditional black school shoes or black sneakers, khaki pants, and navy blue or light blue polo shirts are very acceptable. many children also don't own underpants... with limited wardrobes and limited access to water at times, this is very unsanitary. Even, clean, gently used underwear/socks are acceptable to bring to give away. croc shoes/generic version ok, also good to bring. good luck!

sarge

Dec 15, 2008
public schools have very condensed hours. because a child is on the street, doesn't mean he/she wasn't in school for a few hours in morning/evening, depending. also, many teachers will reprimand students for not having proper supplies/clothing, which inhibits them from attending. traditional black school shoes or black sneakers, khaki pants, and navy blue or light blue polo shirts are very acceptable. many children also don't own underpants... with limited wardrobes and limited access to water at times, this is very unsanitary. Even, clean, gently used underwear/socks are acceptable to bring to give away. croc shoes/generic version ok, also good to bring. good luck!