So Many Stories, Why Can't We Learn

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Re: Re: i'm temporary out of bs but...

GypsyGRL said:
Well no wonder I'll never meet any rich Dominicans! In Canada, the rumor is the average age in Punta Cana is 70 years old and its quiet time by 10pm! The best place to go is POP b/c its fun, ppl are great and you can dance til the sunrises! I personally prefer to Merengue, not Polka! I'd rather have fun than be rich anyway!

Santo Domingo is where all the Serious partying takes place.

I like being rich and having fun!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I believe that a person should be "judged" (for lack of a better word) on the basis of their character. (I know, crazy idea huh)

The fact that one person may have had more opportunities and/or luck than another does not make them better.

I feel sorry for people who do not have the ability to see that, and I am so thankful that I do.

Mi dos centavos,

Nelly (disheartened)

Nickie

Jan 25, 2002
As embarrassed as I am...here goes:

I am not from the lowest step of the "socio-economical ladder" and in Canadian standards I am fairly well off. My first trip to DR two years ago, I met a young animacions guy and fell for him big time. Great bod, handsome and could fake sincerity! I was much older than he but I am not unattractive and I'm in very good shape. I am not naive, am well educated and STILL fell for this stud muffin. I still love it there and I think the Sanki's are part of the DR's charm!

My point to fessin' up my "romance" is that it could happen to anyone - it will keep happening and its a lesson learned. No harm done - it was good for me (oh yeahhhhh...) and I'll treasure the memories.

I feel much better for fessin up!

Carry on...

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
charm?

I think the Sanki's are part of the DR's charm!--Nickie

I can see how you might mistake them as "charming" before being taken for a ride but how can you consider someone who you realize to be a con man to be charming?Sankis are a reflection of the lurking Dominican "deciet" that is omnipresent in tourist areas. Sankis are predetors..preying on unsuspecting tourists."Charm" is too positive a word to attach to them.

Larry

By the way I dont mean to insinuate that all Dominicans are decietful..Just want to point that out .

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Nickie

If you find ME charming then you are an even worse judge of character than I thought! jeje

Larry

I have a western union near my house so feel free to e-mail me. I can send pic if you like.

Nickie

Jan 25, 2002
and if you don't know "sarcasm" yaddi yaddi....but sure, I'd love your pic Larry - rumour has it you're rather studly yourself - show me yours and I'll show you mine!!!