Some Glimmer Of Hope Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Thanks for that valuable information. I did not know that most tourists in Cabarete are there for chicas. Its always nice to hear from knowledgeable people.[/QUOT]

No need to get snippy. The DR used to offer discount vacations. If you extapolate numbers of the tourists that go to the AIs and compare them with the tourists that do not then subtract the numbers of men who are there for sporting activities you may find that there are more sporting gentlemen than kite surfers. I did not say that every tourist is there for cheap poonany. There is a reason that certain type of ladies frequent certain areas and it aint looking for love.

Hit a nerve there huh?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
How does it work ? Seriously...

If the couple check in together is it fine ?

What if the girl is unattractive ?

I'd like to answer this. If a couple check in together, it is fine. Clearly they have met each other before, a lot of the time they have been travelling around the island together. We can ID both of them at Check-In. We aren't interested if the girl looks like a hooker, or is ugly.

What we don't allow is for a guy to go out to a bar, pick up a girl and bring her back - even if she isn't a hooker. The reason is because they clearly don't know each other well, and these types of girls often have pimps, taxi drivers asking for commission, and also attract the police. And bringing back someone you have just met means the chance of things being stolen from guestrooms is also higher. And yes, before you ask, the policy also applies to women bringing back men.

We email all of our guests as soon as they book and make them aware of our policy, and we lose maybe 5% of our bookings as a result. So far we have never had anything stolen from a guest bedroom, we have never had the police called and our guests enjoy a quiet peaceful stay. As I said before, it makes good business sense and adds to bottom line profits to keep the whore out of our hotel.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thank you Paul for your answer. It makes perfect sense to me (specially in a country filled with cabanas).

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'd like to answer this. If a couple check in together, it is fine. Clearly they have met each other before, a lot of the time they have been travelling around the island together. We can ID both of them at Check-In. We aren't interested if the girl looks like a hooker, or is ugly.

What we don't allow is for a guy to go out to a bar, pick up a girl and bring her back - even if she isn't a hooker. The reason is because they clearly don't know each other well, and these types of girls often have pimps, taxi drivers asking for commission, and also attract the police. And bringing back someone you have just met means the chance of things being stolen from guestrooms is also higher. And yes, before you ask, the policy also applies to women bringing back men.

We email all of our guests as soon as they book and make them aware of our policy, and we lose maybe 5% of our bookings as a result. So far we have never had anything stolen from a guest bedroom, we have never had the police called and our guests enjoy a quiet peaceful stay. As I said before, it makes good business sense and adds to bottom line profits to keep the whore out of our hotel.

I think it's a good policy. In almost every hotel we've stayed in within Santo Domingo - and we've stayed in most of the big ones at one time or another - they had security near the elevators and didn't allow non-registered guests in them. This includes the Hotel Santo Domingo, the Embajador, the V-Centenario, old Sheraton [then Melia, now Sheraton again????], Hispaniola, San Geronimo, Fiesta [when it was Loews], etc. Men staying at the Hispaniola often requested the lanai rooms by the pool so they could sneak ladies in. :)

It's been several years since we've stayed in a SD hotel, so some of them may have changed policy since then.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
personally, i'd take a hotel that welcomes hookers over the one that welcomes kids. maybe this is why sosua as a family location bears as much appeal to me as infected ingrown hair on freshly bleached anus.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Haven't you read your Bible? It is always the fault of the woman!

And rightly so...........lol
How many alluring men have you seen walking around............
The ration has to be 100 beautiful women to 1 good looking man.........
Especially in Sosua............

B in Santiago

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
And rightly so...........lol
How many alluring men have you seen walking around............
The ration has to be 100 beautiful women to 1 good looking man.........
Especially in Sosua............

B in Santiago
I am so happy to be that 1 good looking guy in Sosua! ;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Even the President of the USA's cadre of secret service men try for a cheap lay when out of town. Not just the old flabby bellied pensioners. If totis is beyond your understanding you may be gay.

Haha haha

If my memory is correct, they were in Colombia not Sosua. Gay hmmm yes I am one happy trooper. Cue music

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

so how exactly do you ascertain how long the guy has known the girl? do you ask him? i would be offended if i brought in a woman that i knew and your staff gave her the third degree.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so how exactly do you ascertain how long the guy has known the girl? do you ask him? i would be offended if i brought in a woman that i knew and your staff gave her the third degree.

i think he worded it wrong, in a way. i imagine that if a guy arrives with a woman, they both check in and stay few nights (or one) it is all ok. if the guy comes in alone and comes back from a trip to the city with a woman, then it's a no go. this is actually how many hotels work: the rate is per person per nigh so if you bring anyone extra you have to pay.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i think he worded it wrong, in a way. i imagine that if a guy arrives with a woman, they both check in and stay few nights (or one) it is all ok. if the guy comes in alone and comes back from a trip to the city with a woman, then it's a no go. this is actually how many hotels work: the rate is per person per nigh so if you bring anyone extra you have to pay.

so what if the trip to the bar comes first?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Oh good, another 7 page thread on whores in Sosua, I better read up.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.