song played in dr

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
while staying in playa dorada recently .they always played a song which people waved there arms.it went something like casi caso.could someone let me know the artist and song title please

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Was it at Jack Tar Village? Remember, many hotels have their own songs that they play at the end of shows and during the day, in order to get tourist participation to dance. If so, these aren't usually songs that would have ever been played on the radio or released, rather songs that were made for a particular hotel.

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
NY1 said:
Was it at Jack Tar Village? Remember, many hotels have their own songs that they play at the end of shows and during the day, in order to get tourist participation to dance. If so, these aren't usually songs that would have ever been played on the radio or released, rather songs that were made for a particular hotel.
no it was puerto platta village and you could be right it was played at the end of their shows

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Just in case, was it a very catchy tropical tune saying something like this??

Hasta la vista se?or!...hasta la vista se?ora!...uh-oh....ahhh....uh-0h...ahh...?

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Oche, that's the song from Jack Tar Village, which may very well be played at all Allegro (Occidental) Resorts

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Oche said:

Well since foggy mentioned that the hotel in question was the puerto platta village, which is NOT an Allegro or Occidental property, I figured I'd correct you regarding the song.

In the future, you can certainly keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Sorry if i offended you. I thought you might have confused me with an ignorant a$$ who wouldn't tell the difference between a vacation resort theme and a popular tropical theme. It was not my intention to be sarcastic in any way.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
No offense. Its difficult sometimes to understand someone's intentions on a message board.

Presidentes (or Bohemias)for everyone!!

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Anyway, by coincidence i'm going to jack tar next week to blow some steam off and get away for a few days from the busy city of Santo Domingo, i'll be on the lookout for any "weird" after show songs.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Actually you won't be able to get away from that song at Jack Tar. They play it in the lobby, if you call the front desk and are put on hold, that song appears, as well as during the games near the pool during the day.

"Hasta la vista senores" indeed, after about 3 days of that song!

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
Oche said:
Anyway, by coincidence i'm going to jack tar next week to blow some steam off and get away for a few days from the busy city of Santo Domingo, i'll be on the lookout for any "weird" after show songs.
if you go to jack tar say hi to andy,the guy who shows you how to play cards
mention the scotsman with the card tricks was asking for him

foggy

Feb 3, 2004
the answer

thanks to my niece deeanne,the song i was looking for is que si que no by jody bernal.thanks all anyway

frodo

Aug 5, 2004
HI, I am from germany and I was in Jack Tar Village Pueto Plata in 1999 and the played this song already at this time (hasta la vista senor...).
Do somebody now the exact title and songwriter ? Or where I can get it ?
I searched everywhere for the song because I need it for a wedding of a friend who found his wife there.

Thanks
Frodo

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
frodo said:
HI, I am from germany and I was in Jack Tar Village Pueto Plata in 1999 and the played this song already at this time (hasta la vista senor...).
Do somebody now the exact title and songwriter ? Or where I can get it ?
I searched everywhere for the song because I need it for a wedding of a friend who found his wife there.

Thanks
Frodo

que si que no by jody bernal It's in a previous posting in this thread.
lisa

frodo

Aug 5, 2004
Hi, unfortunately this is not the song I meant. It was something with "hasta la vista senor,..." and as far as I remember "bahia de sol" or so..

greetings frodo