Sosa will soon retire....officially

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
No- I agree with you that unchecked, everyone was juicing, including BALCO Bonds, Clemens, Giambi, etc. Recently, it really seems like only Domincans have been getting nabbed- more so than guys who were out of Venezuela or the Mexico league. I like the DR, but Dominicans, not so much. And it isn't like I felt that way until I lived here. Many, but not all, are predatory people with poor education, overall lack of character, and no true moral code. I don't want to start ranting, as I have done enough already.

So, what's your plan?? kick us all out of our country so you can enjoy our land goods?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The Sammy watch. Seventeen days and counting.

Call me nostalgic, but I was holding out hope that Sammy wouldn't let me down. I'm still holding out hope against hope that the performance enhancing drug he did was not steroids.

Keep the faith.........:cheeky:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Dominicans care less about this. Sosa and the rest of their bums are still heroes. They've got cash and fame and went from being nobody to being somebody, quick. The Dominican way. A very Dominican story if you ask me. They will look to justify his drug use and the drug us of any other athlete. But what more can you expect from a county/culture/society where lying, thieving and corrupting is the norm, accepted and expected?

The story didn't make front page news, there is no backlash or an outcry and no one has even mentioned the negatives these revelations have on the new generation of ball players. It's a dirty culture of do what you can to get what you can, how you can, no matter who you hurt in the process. Indicative of many of the social problems in this country.

And by the way as for the American players who get caught like Clemens, Bonds, Caminiti etc. They aren't above reprimand, they are just as dirty and just as culpable. They're reasoning might be different and represents other dirty aspects of American culture/society, but this is about the DR so I will stay on that topic.

Mr. Lu

This article in Clave Digital is one of the few that I found that has something to say about Dominican baseball players and the usage of steroids. We need to support those Dominican journalist that are interested in the truth.

TEXTO AM?RICO CELADO S.
FOTOS AP
Alrededor de los jugadores se ha desarrollado una cultura de fraude, que va desde la adulteraci?n de la identidad y la edad
hasta el uso de sustancias controladas.

La credibilidad de la industria del b?isbol en la que se ha convertido la Rep?blica Dominicana se va perdiendo, en la medida en que se incrementa la cultura del fraude y el enga?o. No hay un esc?ndalo que se desate en el b?isbol de las Grandes Ligas en el que no haya, como protagonista de primer orden, un dominicano. Si de uso de esteroides
hablamos hay una significativa representaci?n; y si del asunto
de cambio de edad se trata, entonces llevamos la voz cantante. Los acontecimientos reiterados en ese sentido confirman que se ha desarrollado una capacidad de trampa asombrosa, con la convicci?n de que se puede seguir burlando
a todo el mundo sin pensar que se deja mal parado a todo un
pa?s que disfruta las haza?as de sus h?roes, pero que tambi?n sufre sus ca?das y fracasos.

http://www.clavedigital.com/ktmllite/files/uploads/CLAVE/ED174/CLAVE174.pdf

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The Sammy watch. Lost count

I forgot about waiting for Sammy to say something, anything. I guess hell will freeze over.:cheeky:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
No- I agree with you that unchecked, everyone was juicing, including BALCO Bonds, Clemens, Giambi, etc. Recently, it really seems like only Domincans have been getting nabbed- more so than guys who were out of Venezuela or the Mexico league. I like the DR, but Dominicans, not so much. And it isn't like I felt that way until I lived here. Many, but not all, are predatory people with poor education, overall lack of character, and no true moral code. I don't want to start ranting, as I have done enough already.

I agree with you wholeheartidly. But now living here permanently, I realize that the habits formed here took hundreds of years to cultivate and it is not going to change in our lifetimes. If you are going to live here you have to accept the way it is and go with the flow or you will live in a constant state of being angry all the time. You have to weigh the good with the bad. If I thought it was better in the states, that is where I would be. EVERY country has it?s pros and cons and just have to live your life to the fullest wherever you choose.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Be careful with whom you "wholeheartidly" (your spelling,copied) agree with. Your "but" may not be enough.;)