south african arrested in cabarete

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i mean, i just do not understand making a connection between the police being paid and the police giving a damn. :laugh:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i mean, i just do not understand making a connection between the police being paid and the police giving a damn. :laugh:

Then you are trying your best not to, but being really unsuccessful at it!

I am struggling to see how you, (our self proclaimed roving reporter) does not make a connection between the police giving a damn and financial motivation to give a damn.:sleep:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
what is an organ grinder?

A woman with a chipped tooth! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

If you want the police to take action in your case, you need to motivate them with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Otherwise they just stay under a shade tree talking to each other!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Travel agent didn't know the difference between Dominica and the Dominican Republic?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the cops clearly do not care all that much to keep him in the clink or he would have stayed there after the mighty leon and his kitty posse heroically captured him last week. allegedly.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
How the hell does something like this happen?

Well, in my case I knew where I was going, just had no idea what it was like, only that it was in the Caribbean (I had my own idea and it was only the reality of that if I took myself out of the usual surroundings and created it). Some think it is impossible for people who arrive in the likes of Sosua not to have a clue about the whole seedy industry they are going to, but it does happen. I knew someone who actually bought a house there and were ignorant of the whole sex industry which you would think was impossible, but it shows it does happen. The 'Dominican Republic' does not sound Caribbeany and you'd be surprised how many people this side of the water have not even heard of the place before. There are very cheap deals to DR, people just walk past a travel agents, see Caribbean and a low price and book up. Now ending up living there 10 years + is something of another ignorance for another thread!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
the cops clearly do not care all that much to keep him in the clink or he would have stayed there after the mighty leon and his kitty posse heroically captured him last week. allegedly.

They don't care for anything other than the motivation which is provided by a victim. Why would anyone care other than for themselves?:sleep:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Max,

A person who purchased real estate and is that clueless about the area is someone who didn't come here and do their research. There are no houses for sale in the business district where these women ply their trade. It really isn't all that bad. These "professionals" are pretty good at sizing up the likelihood of securing a customer. They know their chances of success before they take a step in your direction. As with everyone here, they may ask you for some money but panhandling happens everywhere.

The only way that someone could possibly come to Sosua and not know that prostitution exists is to get off a plane, drive straight to a resort, stay on the resort for the entire time they are here and then fly home. I don't believe for a moment, someone who is spending a significant sum on real estate can realistically claim ignorance.

It really isn't that bad. Setting aside the discussion about prostitution itself, when I am out and about, I am not approached very often. Maybe two or three times in the last year and it was not a confrontational experience. A polite, no gracias is all it takes. Maybe I'm just ugly and it's not all about the money after all.