spaniard arrested for a street fight

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
OK, so usually I keep this to myself, but I will share my "survival secrets" with you.

First one:

Pretend you are on a pirate ship (you basically are). As people lie to your face and grossly overcharge you and pass off inferior goods to you, like when Caribe Tours cafeteria in SD sold me an OPENED pack of ciggies with one gone :-/ (they got me on that one the b@$tards), just imagine it all happening on a pirate ship. Imagine all the Dominicans with peg legs, gold teeth, rakish headscarves, etc. You have a lot of "booty" and the scoundrels, being pirates, have to get it from you!!! Imagine that everything they say is followed by "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh" and "ahoy matey". Your goal is simply to not have to walk the plank and you do whatever is necessary. THAT is the mentality here and THAT is what you are dealing with.

Second one: understanding that the average IQ here is 82-84 (classified as dull, borderline mentally retarded), imagine that you are living in a society created by and for the mentally challenged. Cuz you are.

Third one: pretend you are an extra in the blockbuster film that spawned so many sequels: The Planet of the Apes.

Numbers 2 and 3 worked for me pretty well, especially Number 2 but I got bored with it and now Number 1 has been lighting up my days.

I like the second one. I always refer to them as half tards cause they could still go either way. (Before anyone rakes me over the coals I am fully aware that I am not politically correct. I failed Diplomacy 101. Miserably. )
Dont forget large quantities of alcohol help, as well

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
OK, so usually I keep this to myself, but I will share my "survival secrets" with you.

First one:

Pretend you are on a pirate ship (you basically are). As people lie to your face and grossly overcharge you and pass off inferior goods to you, like when Caribe Tours cafeteria in SD sold me an OPENED pack of ciggies with one gone :-/ (they got me on that one the b@$tards), just imagine it all happening on a pirate ship. Imagine all the Dominicans with peg legs, gold teeth, rakish headscarves, etc. You have a lot of "booty" and the scoundrels, being pirates, have to get it from you!!! Imagine that everything they say is followed by "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrh" and "ahoy matey". Your goal is simply to not have to walk the plank and you do whatever is necessary. THAT is the mentality here and THAT is what you are dealing with.

Second one: understanding that the average IQ here is 82-84 (classified as dull, borderline mentally retarded), imagine that you are living in a society created by and for the mentally challenged. Cuz you are.

Third one: pretend you are an extra in the blockbuster film that spawned so many sequels: The Planet of the Apes.

Numbers 2 and 3 worked for me pretty well, especially Number 2 but I got bored with it and now Number 1 has been lighting up my days.

That's a 11 points higher than the Jamaican average IQ, making the DR rank as 25th in average IQ in the world.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Be that as it may, it is still classified as "dull, borderline mentally retarded".

Averages are just that , averages. Due to the poor education system in the DR many would do poorly on a standard IQ test, but many of those dull, borderline mental retarded managed to out-think high IQ first world educated people.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i hate to kill your vibe, folks, but it ain't an IQ thread so i gotta close this. not much here was on topic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.