Spiked drinks @ Hotel Aurora (night club)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
Many of the Women you "score" are the result of a "tall" wallet. Not saying they're "pro's", it's just that you are more irresistible to Women in 3rd World countries and that's a fact.

I didn't say I have more success in third world countries than in Europe. Since I don't pay for sex it's actually harder to hook up with normal girls here than in Europe - or the States for that matter. My remark was a general one, I get laid anywhere.

I have never had the urge to compare myself to others. I brought it up here in order to try to explain why I'm targeted while Mr. X is not. Of course your experiences shape you and your expression. This might make me seem more aristocratic/richer than I really am, and combined with my openness and kindness and what my face looks like (or whatever) this might make me a more interesting target than the average tourist.

The reason you never got in trouble is because you gave them "the stare" whenever someone enters your personal space. My thing is that I'm interested in people in general, and I'm here to live the culture. I don't stare down anyone in a bar unless they do anything to deserve it. Come on, you can't protect your personal space in a packed bar, that means you should stay home instead. You protect your drink, that's it.

I admit that I got distracted by the hot 20 year old grinding me. Mostly because she visually impaired me: She had big hair :D. And she had a tendency to put herself between me and my drink. It's impossible to watch your drink at all moments while looking at people who talk to you. They were 6-7 people and performed a well coreographed maneuver to take me down. Afterwards I of course see all that, while on the set I didn't take that seriously enought. I suspect one of the guys played very drunk in order to get away with strange behavior.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I don't think anyone is insinuating you are not a nice guy, good looking, tall and educated, I think that people may be thinking that you have a different impression of what other people make of you. Obviously going out alone and standing at a bar alone gives off the impression you are only there to pick up a guy or gal for the evening, so you will attract sh1t. Still I have been out many times alone in SD and never had these problems, but I do blend and don't prop up the bar as if advertising myself. I don't know what you are doing wrong but if you plan to hang around change something in your style, what you are doing right now is not working for you.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
This ain't a DR thing... it's a global thing. back in the 90's, they warned everyone on my university campus about not leaving drinks unattended... this was Toronto. My sister got drugged in Montreal but was lucky someone was watching her back. This happens EVERYWHERE. It's too bad your view of the DR as whole has been eternally tarnished. This has never happened to me... and I've been dumb enough to leave my drink unattended too many times. Maybe I've been lucky. Maybe you were unlucky. I don't know. I wish you all the best. Take care.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It's impossible to watch your drink at all moments while looking at people who talk to you.

Yes it is, so you take along one of those insulated mugs with a lid which are available in all supermarkets here, this sort of thing Stainless Steel Travel Mugs.
They usually have a sliding device in the lid which means you can close off access to the drink. It also means someone else has to fiddle to get it open or take the lid off, thus drawing attention to themself. Since you have had the unfortunate experience of already being a victim in a Playa Dorada disco, wouldn't you automatically be using a damage control type device like a lidded mug?

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
Lambada, haha that's ridiculous and I doubt you were serious. You wouldn't even get thru the door with a stainless steel mug in your pocket. I'd rather not go out socializing than make a fool of myself by carrying one of those from bar to bar.

Robert: Your read is pretty lame in my opinion. The satire says for example: "Resist Resist Resist taking any responsibility for your own behavior. It can always be made to seem like someone else is at fault".

Well how can you take responsibility for being exposed to random acts of crime and aggression? Should you take responsibility for being a human and have social interaction with others? I can not take responsibility for anything that involves others deciding to do me harm.

This is just as ridiculous as asking women to take responsibility for getting randomly raped by strangers. It's not their fault for being at a bad place at the wrong time whatever short dress they have. I refuse to accept this kind of inverted theories.

Should you take responsibility for being a friendly person? As long as you don't behave negatively I can't see how the victim of a crime should take responsibility for the criminal act against them.

A girl I know got robbed at gunpoint 3 times in Venezuela. Every Venezuelan has to expect getting robbed regularly. Should she take responsibility for that? No she shouldn't, it happened once in the night, once in the day on the street, once inside her home. There is nothing about her that says "come rob me". There was nothing else she could have done to avoid being the victim than to avoid walking, being out at night and LIVING IN HER OWN HOUSE. Ask the other 2 million Venezuelans being robbed every year. They could not have done anything different.

If certain people's theories of ME being responsible for the other guy's actions were true, it's very strange that I have never once in my life been robbed, then. I should draw just as much negative attention to myself and my t-shirt while being out on the streets as I apparently do while in a bar. I'm being myself also when walking in the streets at night, and I have been in shady areas of bad places more than once. Heck I've walked in S?o Paulo alone at night many times, it's one of the world's most dangerous cities.

If people can't live and breathe without being held responsible for other people's actions, I'm getting a little bit concerned about where this is going. There's a besserwisser vibe on this forum that tells people how bad they are, while all they wanted in the first place was maybe to ask a question or to communicate a concern that others should be aware of. The intention is positive, you run it thru the Dr1 forum and it comes out negative. Seems to happen often here, I have noticed.

Reactions: Tamborista

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
I don't know what you are doing wrong but if you plan to hang around change something in your style, what you are doing right now is not working for you.

Sorry, but I don't do anything wrong. I'm just living life and happened to be in the wrong spot twice. You can't control random acts of others, that would be a bit superstitious. Kind of like controlling earthquakes.

Change something in your style? I don't have a style, I told you I am dressed down and that my look comes from my personal charisma rather from my exterior. I could have walked around naked and I'd still be considered the same person that I am with a jeans and a t-shirt with no print, no brand. I don't have a watch, no jewelry, my hair is ordinary. There is nothing else to do than to stop leaving the house if I were to listen to your not terrific advice.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Sorry, but I don't do anything wrong. I'm just living life and happened to be in the wrong spot twice. You can't control random acts of others, that would be a bit superstitious. Kind of like controlling earthquakes.

Change something in your style? I don't have a style, I told you I am dressed down and that my look comes from my personal charisma rather from my exterior. I could have walked around naked and I'd still be considered the same person that I am with a jeans and a t-shirt with no print, no brand. I don't have a watch, no jewelry, my hair is ordinary. There is nothing else to do than to stop leaving the house if I were to listen to your not terrific advice.

I believe you can control others intentions to harm you, it is basic self preservation. Never put yourself in that spot in the first place usually works, if you see it could happen, do something about it. I have been followed along the Malecon before, nothing obvious that I was going to be mugged but they were walking behind me at night, I had a feeling and so I kept walking till a taxi came by and jumped in it for the final 200mtrs to me house. I have seen people in Colmados eye me up over the night, clocking how much I have drank, avoiding eye contact and not drinking themselves. Nothing to say they were going to cause me danger, but still, at midnight I might jump in a Taxi for the 150mtrs to my home. Beautiful women will approach me very politely on many occasions and make conversation, unless I have made it obvious with body language or a direct smile etc I want attention I always blank them completely, it avoids any confusion that they may think they have a soft touch gringo lined up, infact I would go as far as to say on occasion I am outright rude and tell them to go away. This is all damage limitation and in control of the situation and others intentions, be it bad or good, I want to avoid it unless I instigate the situation. I feel I have control, I am aware, completely of what is going on around me and if I am not 100% comfortable I change the situation by whatever means.
Anyway, you sound like you were not able to control the situation so maybe the experience will help you do so in future.
Good luck.

ElSul

Jun 20, 2010
I believe you can control others intentions to harm you, it is basic self preservation.

I agree with what you wrote in this post, you do what's required to stay safe, of course - if you have the experience and manage to see it coming.

My point was that if this happens to me a second time, after having gone through many times where I possibly went wrong the first time, and still didn't manage to avoid it, I believe most of you, who have neither had any voluntary experiences with drugs, nor have been involuntarily drugged by others, would not have a chance to avoid it. Hence the warning. I should be in one of the best possible positions to be able to avoid it, but even that failed.

I can only agree with the quote above if the premises for controlling other's intentions is that you control yourself. You can't control other's intentions isolated of yourself.

And if someone wants to shoot and kill me on the street it's rather hard to change it. You can't really avoid putting you in that spot in the first place, it means never being seen in public.

Oh and in your house there could be a fire or a gas explosion.. If it happens, it happens, even if you did everything right.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Well let's just be straightforward here... ElSul, it's your fault.

One doesn't get drugged twice in the DR or get in a situation where you question a girls claims of her pregnancy (other thread you started) without having made poor decisions along the way as to with whom you socialize.

No matter how savvy a traveller and sexy a dude you think you are... you're in reality just a walking/talking "screw me" sign. You might as well tattoo 'victim' on your forehead.

You can't correctly predict the intentions of those with whom you choose to associate, but they clearly read you like a book from miles away.

Reactions: Bronxboy

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Synopsis...

ElSul: "Ow!! I bumped my head"

Greydread: "How did it happen?"

ElSul: "I was walking through the woods checking my reflection in the mirror and a tree hit me."

Greydread: "Maybe you should stop looking in the mirror while walking through the woods."

ElSul: "That's preposterous, I've walked through lots of woods, speak 50 languages, I'm 7' tall and beautiful and I'm a Chica magnet. It's not my fault."

Greydread: "sigh...:tired:"

...and then the Old Bull said to the Young Bull.....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
ElSul: "Ow!! I bumped my head"

Greydread: "How did it happen?"

ElSul: "I was walking through the woods checking my reflection in the mirror and a tree hit me."

Greydread: "Maybe you should stop looking in the mirror while walking through the woods."

ElSul: "That's preposterous, I've walked through lots of woods, speak 50 languages, I'm 7' tall and beautiful and I'm a Chica magnet. It's not my fault."

Greydread: "sigh...:tired:"

...and then the Old Bull said to the Young Bull.....

On that note, lets close this down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.