Sponsorship for PR to Canada.....Lexi...start to finish

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
This is all the info I could find on-line but what I am actually wondering is if we have a pattern going here in regards to which day they usually call on to ask for an interview or to bring in passports.

Haiti Immigration Office Hours:
Monday: 07:00 - 15:30
Tuesday: 07:00 - 15:30
Wednesday: 07:00 - 15:30
Thursday: 07:00 - 15:30
Friday: 07:00 - 12:30

Comments:

Open Monday to Thursday:

from 8:00 to 10:00 (low season) and 7:30 to 10:00 (high season) for temporary resident visa, permanent resident visa, study permit, work permit and travel document applications, permanent resident interviews and payments of fees;
from 11:00 to 12:00 for submission of additional documents and forms requests;
from 14:00 to 15:30 for pick-up of passports for temporary resident visa, study permit, work permit and travel document applications.
Open Friday from 8:00 to 12:30 for pick-up of passports for permanent resident applications.

Note that no services are offered the last Thursday of each month.

What I would like to know is what they think are high season and low seson? Also, it looks like they only really work on cases Monday-Thursday as Fridays they are off at 12:30pm and in the morning they are just giving back passports. I wish I had their job!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I'm so excited! Got an email from haiti

My husband just got an e-mail from Haiti asking for himt o take the original Marriage certificate and his original Birth Certificate AND his passport to them immediately.

I am sending the originals overnight to him - he says he can just go and get them there - but I want him to take the exact ones we photocopied to them.

I am thinking it is good news or else they wouldn't have asked for his passport right away too would they???

I am losing my mind right now I am so excited!!!!!!

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Well I guess I know now hey!! Seeing as though they e-mailed him today and it is a Monday! :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow, congrats, you seem to be a lucky girl to have been caught in the middle of this group which is moving along right now.

How long has it been since you were excepted as a sponsor?

Johana

May 24, 2006
Lexi,

that's very exciting!!!!!! When we sent our original marriage cert and photocopy of the birth cert. they were different ones than the photocopy and original that I sent with our application and they did not say anything about it.
I was lucky in that my husband thought to get a second set translated so he had them ready to go. I was glad to save the courier charges of me sending him our original marriage cert. plus I didn't want to be without it :)

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
AnnaC - Here is my timeline so far...

February 28th, 2008 - sent my papers to Mississauga
March 3rd - they received them
March 25th - approved to sponsor
April 24th - we are "In Process" in Haiti
August 4th - request for originals and passport

I heard they are sending Immigration officers to Haiti from other countries right now because of the backlog - maybe that is why we are all moving along right now.

I am not worried about the cost of the courier as I would do anything to get them to him overnight. I know he could get more copies but I am going to send them just in case. I am sending them to our wedding planner - she is awesome - and then Mario will pick them up from there.

Johana - what day did your husband take the papers or did he send them in?

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Ooops almost forgot to mention....I checked the website using his "B file" number and it says exactly the same as it did when I checked under mine name which was "In Process".

Moar

Jan 28, 2008
congrats Lexi!!

Is your husband taking them to Santo Domingo in person or couriering them?
Johana how about your man did he courier or hand deliver them? I imagine hand deliver would be best.

So much fantastic news I just hope I get some too

castro

Jul 5, 2007
So Happy For You!!!!

Wow Lexi, that's great news!!! If they take his passport when he goes he will be one of the lucky ones that did'nt have to wait that long. That's alittle over three months from when Haiti had your file in process.

fireman9119ca

Mar 1, 2008
Lexi

Good luck...all sounds normal except they wanted that passport. I have been asked twice for more papers but never a passport.

very good indeed

keep us posted please

FM

Johana

May 24, 2006
Lexi,

my husband sent the documents on a Wednesday and they were received on the Friday.

Moar,
we courriered the documents straight to Haiti. Easier than making my husband go to S.D. Plus I could track it online and see who signed for the documents...just in case someone wanted to say later that they never received the documents.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
My husband is taking them to Santo Domingo. It isn't far from where he lives so it is just easier for him to take them in person.

eve_bebe00

Jan 21, 2008
waoo lexi is great to know they are working in your case too. Let us know if they kept the passport or not.
cheers,
Evelin

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
Wow

hey Lexi WOW you are definately one fo the lucky ones, that moved very fast for you COngratulations, we will have to get together when your hubby arrives, you may be the closest Dominican couple we know. So so happy for you

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
Congrats Lexi..
definatly good news that they asked for his passport..
If all goes well they will accept the new copy of the marriage&birth certificate and call you in the next 3weeks... Who knows...

Once my hsuband was asked to bring his passport in, he was called 2weeks later and in Canada!!!!!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
nice, please let us know how things go with that.... I hope my case moves faster that the way it moves now.....

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
So.....my husband just dropped off the Original Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate AND the Passport!! They asked him for his cell number and home number and said they would call him to come and get his passport with the visa within a couple of weeks. Then as he was leaving, the Security Guards asked him if he just had an interview as that was quick he was in there and he said no, they just wanted the Original papers and passport. They told him Wow, well you will be going to Canada pronto!

We are on cloud 9 right now but at the same time I am holding my breath until we get the call or e-mail that the passport is ready WITH the visa!

FYI - Haiti has answered every e-mail I sent them over the past couple of days. You would even go as far as saying we have had a proper "conversation" through e-mail! Who knew! I just used the e-mail address they sent my husband with the request for passport.

castro

Jul 5, 2007
wow that's amazing!!! You are so lucky. Well it's been three weeks for us and still nothing. Maybe next week.....

marxsis

Aug 13, 2007
That's great new Lexi. Congratulations. My wife and daughter are coming Tomorrow (Saturday) I purchased 2 WestJet Tickets at $200.00 each. I can't wait!