Stable Cryptocurrencies to Dominican Bank USD account?

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Hello people.

Actually, the thread name pretty much says it all.

I live in DR and I work online, and for many years I received my checks via FedEx and deposited them to my Banco Popular USD account. Unfortunately, good things never last forever, and now the company I work for can pay only in so–called 'Stable Cryptocurrencies' (USDT and USDC) via service named RocketFuel. That means that I have to open that RocketFuel account and somehow I can withdraw USDT or USDC from there.

But what do I have to do with them crypto coins? I need my money in my Banco Popular USD account! I know nothing about crypto, and something tells me that even those so–called stable coins are not that stable as a good old paper check. So what is the best way to cash them so they end up in my USD account here in DR? (it can be BanReservas also, or any US Dollar account but in Dominican Bank). I have no trust in that RocketFuel site, for me it looks like another scammers site, but they all look the same now.

Maybe somebody already had that kind of trouble and figured out how to do that with minimal commissions and minimal risks of losing money? I have never dealed with any crypto, only good old checks and wire transfers, so I feel pretty much f#cked with this, but it looks like I have no choice, I have to receive my payments with crypto now or look for another job.

Any ideas anyone? USDT or USDC to USD account in Dominican Bank?

Thanks in advance for any input!

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hello people.

Actually, the thread name pretty much says it all.

I live in DR and I work online, and for many years I received my checks via FedEx and deposited them to my Banco Popular USD account. Unfortunately, good things never last forever, and now the company I work for can pay only in so–called 'Stable Cryptocurrencies' (USDT and USDC) via service named RocketFuel. That means that I have to open that RocketFuel account and somehow I can withdraw USDT or USDC from there.

But what do I have to do with them crypto coins? I need my money in my Banco Popular USD account! I know nothing about crypto, and something tells me that even those so–called stable coins are not that stable as a good old paper check. So what is the best way to cash them so they end up in my USD account here in DR? (it can be BanReservas also, or any US Dollar account but in Dominican Bank). I have no trust in that RocketFuel site, for me it looks like another scammers site, but they all look the same now.

Maybe somebody already had that kind of trouble and figured out how to do that with minimal commissions and minimal risks of losing money? I have never dealed with any crypto, only good old checks and wire transfers, so I feel pretty much f#cked with this, but it looks like I have no choice, I have to receive my payments with crypto now or look for another job.

Any ideas anyone? USDT or USDC to USD account in Dominican Bank?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Who mails payroll checks 🤣 Even better, now only pays in crypto. You can't make this stuff up folks. Socks abound!

Reactions: reilleyp

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Who mails payroll checks 🤣 Even better, now only pays in crypto. You can't make this stuff up folks. Socks abound!
Some years ago I would say that if the US based company can't cut me a paper check, that's a shady company I don't want to deal with. Unfortunately, now things have changed a lot, and not the best way in my opinion, but I have to learn how to deal with it.