stallite tv for free

Aug 6, 2006
It is not actually "legal" to receive the satellite signals of certain providers in the DR, so you cannot "legally" pay for them.

If you are just receiving true Free To Air signals you are stealing nothing. If you are getting a signal you have to pay for in the US and you cannot legally pay for it in the DR, then I will leave it up to you as to what to call it.

=============================================
I would call it a signal you are unlikely to be convicted of stealing.

Aug 6, 2006
On the subject of free TV, I notice that in Barahona Canal 57 runs nonstop action films.There are no commercials, only promos for new releases that anyone in Barahona would have to travel a ways to see, being as there is no theatre. Is Canal 57 available via antenna in all for the DR or just Barahona? Who pays for it?

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Don't tell me that they figured out a way to scramble or block the dish signal ? I've been out of the DR for almost 2 mos. but when I left I was getting all the channels via my computer ,I would hate to think i'll be going back to cable . How about hulu ?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Don't tell me that they figured out a way to scramble or block the dish signal ? I've been out of the DR for almost 2 mos. but when I left I was getting all the channels via my computer ,I would hate to think i'll be going back to cable . How about hulu ?

This discussion was more about receiving satellite signals. If you have a DISH subscription in the US and could receive programming using your computer via the Internet, then I do not think that has changed.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I don'i have a subscription in the US but I did get all the channels via my comp .it cost me 2,700 pesos a yr. now and then it goes off for a couple hours but not a big deal .