Started sponsorship to Canada for my wife....Carlos process from start to finish

princesa_pineda

May 13, 2008
Carlos my husband went to go redo his medicals and drop off his passport in Santo Domingo on Thursday!

Again I am so happy for you!

MBG

Nov 13, 2008
Hi Carlos!

You know I am truly happy for you!...I know everything will work out the way you panned when your wife get to Montreal !!! I?m so happy for you I don?t feel so sad for myself!... Maybe I?ll bump into you guys in MTL...It si a small world!!

Again FELICIDADES!!!
MBG

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Congratulations Carlos!!!! It is about time they finished your application!! I am thrilled for you both!!! Enjoy your first summer in Canada together!!!

ninahhh

Mar 6, 2007
Congrats! So..... How's it going now after the approval? Actually how long did it take you to bring her here? I am assuming you married overseas first? I am looking to bring my fiancee from the DR here to the EEUU.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Congrats! So..... How's it going now after the approval? Actually how long did it take you to bring her here? I am assuming you married overseas first? I am looking to bring my fiancee from the DR here to the EEUU.

This thread is about spousal sponsorship to Canada. You can check out the timelines in the stickies.

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
this is a case of 2 dominicans that have been together since highschool and had all the proof to support their relationship... really young I would say (cause that's what most people say) I am 24 and she is 21 and my wife will be here saturday night!!! you have no idea how happy we are!!!

I am one of those guys that say it doesnt matter what your age is as long as you love and respect your partner. I am very fortunate because my wife says the same thing and we have been waiting for a very long time to live together and it has all come to a very happy ending.

thanks to everyone for the support all over this process. And to the person that helped me with my case, THANKS A BUNCH YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! (no second guessing please XD)

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
WestJet flies every Saturday through the summer from Punta Cana to Toronto with connections to Montreal. I've seen fares as low as $49 going in that direction...

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
thanks, the flight is booked now and my wife is flying over to montreal tomorrow at night.

thanks again though

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Carlos - did your wife land safely?? How was the process through customs etc for her? Isn't it an amazing feeling to see them on Canadian soil!!

Congratulations again!!!!

I am very glad your wife's visa was approved. we had very similar timelines from the start and then when you didn't make it through the last batch I think I can say many, many people on here have been rooting for you!! I know I was!

caredbl84

Jan 26, 2008
very busy

Guys, I am still in the process of buying furniture, working and getting our apartment ready doing stuff like cleaning the kitchen, painting, opening a landline for a telephone and getting the videotron cable set up and running.... and that sort of thing... I will be posting my whole process soon and my opinion about it... you guys are doing chats now and that is awesome... My wife is doing great and we are still fixing everything up in terms of documents, apartment and those essential things... again, everything is going great for us and my wife will start learning french on July 2nd... and then will take the Quebec government course they do here so that she can solidify it and start working and setting up a career path asap. this website helped me 100% in my case... and I would recommend it to anyone starting their case...

to answer to your latest reply, I believe its way too early for you to expect results from them... I started my process in January 2008 and it finished in May 2009... more than 14 months into the process... but the end was SWEET!!! ... I will post everything soon when I have the time to do it...

thanks again for all the support and I hope everyone here still in the process gets their positive answer as soon as possible!

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
wow you had a long time waiting like us (were finishing the 14th month waiting for an interview.... i dont know when!!!) im not surprise that youre from quebec cause it seems that the persons of quebec have more time no?:bored:

Maybe im wrong...

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
Coco,

Every application is different. It's hard to know why some take so long while others are fairly fast. Princesa Pineda has been waiting now for 17 months and her husband still isn't here. She's not from Quebec. His visa has been approved but they're waiting for 2 months now to actually get the visa in hand.
Your turn will come. Hopefully you'll hear about an interview or the approved visa very soon.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Coco your case is taking a long time because its complicated.

It has nothing to do with being from Quebec.

The average time is now 9 to 20 months so you are in the midst of that.

Hopefully you will get your answer soon and I would again suggest talking to your MP to see if they can find out what month your interview will be in.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
thank you for the information tink23 cause its the first time i know someone whos not from quebec with such time waiting. It brings me hope to believe that immigrate to quebec is not longer. we are a lot to think this way but now i will let them know that it may be others provinces too.

cathay

*** Sin Bin ***
Oct 13, 2008
As you know it is very hard to send mail in the D.R.
I had my husband sign a form so that I would be his representative, so Haiti e-mails me with any updates. If you did not include this form in your application to CIC you can obtain a copy of the form at the CIC website under Application to sponsor a Spouse. I find the best way to send written information to my spouse is by faxing it to an Internet Center that is owned by a Dominican friend of mine.
Hope this helps..

Last edited by a moderator: