Stay away from Minors

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I know 2 girls that have had babies in the past couple of months....one is 13 and one is 14.....the fathers are not foreign nor of similar age.

There is a problem here besides the problem with foreigners.

Agreed, but arresting Dominican men doesn’t get the publicity that arresting foreigners does.  Words to live by 

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
For the record, what is the age of consent in the DR? I've seen young women in school uniforms brazenly soliciting in PP, and it seems the norm (although it personally bothers me a great deal) for poor families to pick up extra income via their daughters.

18 is the age of consent , but part of the problem is many of these 16-18 girls want to be with older guys.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Shame on both; the family and the perpetrator, neither is decent enough to be around but still -- even if the family hands them to you in a platter, people, its WRONG and UNLAWFUL, the DR authorities and the American Embassy are certainly looking for people as sorry as you are if you partake in this inhumane and immoral demeanor.

GR, the above comment wasn't necessarily directed at you nor anyone in particular, just my thoughts.

That's cool. I think it's good for DR1 to be unequivocal on this subject.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
18 is the age of consent , but part of the problem is many of these 16-18 girls want to be with older guys.

That is not correct. The minimum age for marriage in the Dominican Republic is 18 years for both women and men. However, girls can marry at 15 years and boys can marry at 16 years with parental consent. And the parents usually consent.

Matilda

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
That is not correct. The minimum age for marriage in the Dominican Republic is 18 years for both women and men. However, girls can marry at 15 years and boys can marry at 16 years with parental consent. And the parents usually consent.

Matilda

My original question was regarding sex not marraige.

Sep 4, 2012
RE: Sex consent age

When I was in South/Central America I remember one of the locals used to tell me the consent age was based on whether they could "walk across the street on their own," if they did, then it was fair game regardless of age.

No in a million years, jail wans't made for me and I was actually brought up in a very conservative home with morals and beliefs.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
dr1 rocket sience

below you find a link on youtube about a guy that was arrested in Colombia based on an international Arrest Warrant of Interpol issued by the Dom. Republic. This Guy used to hang out daily on Conde and i am sure a lot of you guys have seen him there. Do noy underestimate the Dom. Police when it comes to foreigners having Sex with minors. Don't do it !!!!! It's not worst it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwI2Ysrx7c0
A stellar caption and sound advice!

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Some of you DR1 people live here.Does any of this surprise you? Dont seem shocked,Boca Chica,Sosua,are ground zero,for the worlds perverts.That being said,girls in my barrio,are always being chased by older Dominican men,the good families,try to stop this,but some of the girls get pregent,and that is the sad fact.While pay for play is ever so common here,enforcing laws,for all,not just the gringos would help.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Pregnancies and marriage involving 13 & 14 yr olds isn't that uncommon here

Hard for some to believe... but not wacky wild by Dominican standards.
Nor some other parts of the world, I might add - lesser developed countries

Apr 10, 2014
below you find a link on youtube about a guy that was arrested in Colombia based on an international Arrest Warrant of Interpol issued by the Dom. Republic. This Guy used to hang out daily on Conde and i am sure a lot of you guys have seen him there. Do noy underestimate the Dom. Police when it comes to foreigners having Sex with minors. Don't do it !!!!! It's not worst it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwI2Ysrx7c0
Is there an ID on this individual?  I believe I ran into him 18 years ago in Santo Domingo.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
It all comes back to the same old thing.
Third world standards.
Lots of Laws.
No enforcement of Laws
Lacks Justice.

Back in the 1940-1970 era Pedophiles in Nova Scotia , for the most part, got off with a warning and/or suspended sentence ,plus ordered to Stay away from Minors.
Then we had the Goler incident;; Where an entire family up in the hills committed many acts of incest and several 12-15 old girls were pregnant.
Today the Laws are followed with severe punishment.... excellent.

Then there were the false accusations against Teachers , Boy Scout Leaders etc. by kids who did not like the Leaders... Or were they without evidence?

However, not many Adults want to become engaged in youth activities mainly due to false accusations.
I the Luperon Zone there is a Prostitute who has two daughters; the oldest who was brought up to be a Prostitute.
The youngest, we'll see.
However there were several acts of larceny, fraud and such when Momma would extort money from Gringos for allegedly having sex with the underage daughter..... Gringos paid. and soon left the country..... SO it is not always the Man or Woman who is ''guilty before proven innocent''.... there are some horrendous acts of larceny going on and using kids to ''make a buck'' is just not right. Bad for tourism as well.... then everyone suffers .

WE live in a sick demented society ; here in RD is is ever so prevalent , but we are not alone ; many other poor countries are the same. The more advanced societies have found other ways to cover their sins.
That is until people start to sing...like latest Hollywood Scandals.

Perverts of all kinds , shapes and colors are on the prowl .... Education, information and a good economy would help stamp out this sort of thing in RD; but. there will always be the exception.
I have to go...... Russell

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
It’s no different any where in the world trailer trash is trailer trash! The difference in DR is your stereotyped because of the 1%
That’s bad...