STI & SDQ SAFETY TIPS FOR TOURISTs

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I have the feeling this crime was about a disputed drug point in NYC.................

Reactions: Big

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Was this an isolated incident or are people frequently getting robbed leaving the airport in Santiago?
Let me be first one to answer to you HEDON , the answer is YES … now you gonna get lots of dr1 members saying ISOLATED but the answer is YES ! …. You see HESON not all cases get national media coverage or even less international media coverage BUT don’t get it twisted it happens more often than you think but it doesn’t not go beyond the local PRECINT

Reactions: hedon

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Was this an isolated incident or are people frequently getting robbed leaving the airport in Santiago?

This particular case was isolated, as it was a targeted attack by someone they knew. It does happen occasionally though.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
This particular case was isolated, as it was a targeted attack by someone they knew. It does happen occasionally though.
In Santiago and Santo Domingo as well. Some times targeted, other times by gangs that watch arrivals and pick out a juicy target and follow them home.
Whenever it happens, the incidents are publicized heavily to get the attention of the police.
Police usually identify the gangs pretty quickly and put them out of business.
I wouldn't use the term "Isolated" because it happens less than Isolated

Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
And seasonal, the robberies

There used to be a rash of them at Christmas for SDQ arrivals - if I remember

JD
More than isolated not less than

Reactions: JD Jones

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
And seasonal, the robberies

There used to be a rash of them at Christmas for SDQ arrivals - if I remember

JD
More than isolated not less than
I have been to SDQ a number of times as recently as 3 weeks ago with no problems but only to STI once

hedon

Mar 26, 2008
Let me be first one to answer to you HEDON , the answer is YES … now you gonna get lots of dr1 members saying ISOLATED but the answer is YES ! …. You see HESON not all cases get national media coverage or even less international media coverage BUT don’t get it twisted it happens more often than you think but it doesn’t not go beyond the local PRECINT
I've been to SDQ and POP a few times with no issues but only to STI ,once.so I was wondering is there was something different going on there . Thanks for the response

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Disagree. Mixing your adjectives Rey. Frequent, Isolated. Which is it? OP asked direct question. No sitting on the fence allowed.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Disagree. Mixing your adjectives Rey. Frequent, Isolated. Which is it? OP asked direct question. No sitting on the fence allowed.
He is ONLY here to stir the pot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SOCK................