Sto. Dom. < PUJ via APTPRA ??

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
@Nogengo.
We only use Tui. 9 Hours BRU-PUJ. There is one flight a week, sometimes two that make stopovers in Montego. We avoid these but they are even cheaper than the direct flights.
In all those years I had two serious delays, the last time was because of a drunk Brit.
The plane had to return to PUJ.
As we “live” in the Rio San Juan area, to get home is a hell of a ride. At least five hours.
Glad to see another thumbs-up for TUI! Thanks for clarifying the stopover. For me, the tremendous savings and the advantage of a direct light far outweigh this inconvenience, should it happen. At first, I was disappointed that I can not fly to Germany, my destination, but I decided to make the best of it and use this opportunity to explore a new country (for me), Belgium. I can easily take an ICE train to Frankfurt.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
I never had a stopover on my way to Bruessel, you can easely see when you book your flight how many hours the flight lasts, so with a stopover it's beiing far more then 9 hours. When you book with TUI you can reserve your seat too, they have different seating distances. The airplane is the Dreamliner and there like new. I live only a 2 hours drive from Bruessel, so for me it's the best deal.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
I never had a stopover on my way to Bruessel, you can easely see when you book your flight how many hours the flight lasts, so with a stopover it's beiing far more then 9 hours. When you book with TUI you can reserve your seat too, they have different seating distances. The airplane is the Dreamliner and there like new. I live only a 2 hours drive from Bruessel, so for me it's the best deal.
Thanks for this clarification. Do you know the name of the Hauptbahnhof in Brussels? Eventually, I will take an ICE train to Frankfurt. Is the Dreamliner Airbus or Boeing MAX?

Nov 9, 2023
SC
When looking at the TUI website, I experienced a well-designed UI as well as complete honesty with respect to what is free and what is not, so that bodes well for the credibility of this company. You mentioned that sometimes there are routing to other airports. That would be a disappointment but not a deal-breaker by virtue of the tremendous savings. Sure, it's a hassle not being able to leave from SDQ. My wife and I will try a test run to the PUJ airport as well as a two night trial in a hotel--make a mini-vacation--to sort out the logistics. When I do make my flight to BRU I like a big time buffer at the airport in case there are problems. And I don't like surprises, so we'll do a test run.

What do you mean by long delays with TUI? I see that there are three flights per week, every other day, from PUJ < BRU. Do you mean a delay of hours or a delay such that you have to wait days?
Up to 8 hours without much informing, one time a replacement plane had to fly in.
BUT that was when they had the old 767 and early dreamliner problems. It should be ok now. I forgot I flew with TUI from Amsterdam to PUJ a year ago. That was ok because I am 40 minutes from AMS. Direct flights from Amsterdam were not available a few years ago.

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
Thanks for this clarification. Do you know the name of the Hauptbahnhof in Brussels? Eventually, I will take an ICE train to Frankfurt. Is the Dreamliner Airbus or Boeing MAX?
Well, as today never used the train from the airport, we got picked up there every time. The station at the airport is right downstairs the terminal, you can't miss it.
From there you go to the central station and pick up the train to germany.