swiss man murdered in SD in front of his family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
what worries me is that those killers are so young. the two arrested are 21 and 26. last week the police arrested responsible for deaths of three men in altamira over supposed debt of 4,000. he is 18 years old. those killers will likely get maximum sentence, 30 years and spend practically all life behind bars. by taking someone else's life they throw own lives away.

Unfortunately the reality in the DR is that many murderers get out after a pay off and little time in jail.

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
Being from Houston we have our share of this kind of stuff IMO if it was open carry on firearms by law abiding citizens the crime rate would be less. If you take a life thru robbery or murder IMO you get death penalty

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
el nacional says the killers were trying to attack and rob the swiss man. looks like the people who saw that tried to lynch the killers but the police showed up and arrested them:
Hombres matan suizo al intentar asaltarlo -

No need to worry about the third accomplice who got away. The police will beat the crap out of
the other two and in no time will find out his whereabouts. Guaranteed.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Article says playa encuentro. That is not in the bay of Cabarete.

Manuel, I think you posted in the wrong thread..or did I miss something.I just passed that other thread!

btw it DOES say playa encuentro! :)

Man, bad start of the year for foreigners in DR!

Last edited:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
And Mallorca, Spain a Swiss retiree was robbed and beaten to death in his house.

End of October a German retiree couple was robbed and killed in their apartment there too.

Its getting worse everywhere...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Perhaps one of the thugs has a tie to a bank employee. Hope the police beat it out of him a well. Always be careful when going to the bank.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
According to the story, they shot him after he resisted. Had he not resisted, he may still be alive today. Such a shame.
It doesn't pay anymore to play tough. Nowadays any teenager with a gun will kill you for your cell-phone. It's not worth it.
But I am always getting in an argument with a family member, who's old school and wants to play it "John Wayne Style" whenever possible. He doesn't grasp "barrio rat" reality... He might end up dead, one day...

May 12, 2005
I have a feeling that a lot of these savages are deportees. Who couldn't behave themselves in another country and earned a free ride home. There needs to be better control and oversight of these individuals.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have a feeling that a lot of these savages are deportees. Who couldn't behave themselves in another country and earned a free ride home. There needs to be better control and oversight of these individuals.

that might very well be true, but i always hold to the belief that they had criminal intentions and dispositions before they went abroad. the USA does not make you into a criminal. i have not read any working paper that supports any such contention.

May 29, 2006
That's the kind of crime that Trujillo used to know how to deal with. Toss them off a cliff for shark food..

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Manuel, I think you posted in the wrong thread..or did I miss something.I just passed that other thread!

btw it DOES say playa encuentro! :)

Man, bad start of the year for foreigners in DR!

Woops, yes, post is there. We can delete from here if possible.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
@frank, when I showed the thread to my wife ( swiss dominicana ), exactly what she said. Criminal reject from the promised land.
Dont know the resaons but lots of dominican guys my age who make there way back from the US ( or should I say shipped ) come back here full of s#/^.

Status
Not open for further replies.