Taxi from SDQ to Bayahibe

AngelaO

Mar 6, 2010
We need to take a taxi from Las Americas to Bayahibe, and then we'll need to go from Bayahibe to Santo Domingo a couple of days later.
Can anyone tell me how much this will cost each way?

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Should be around 100 - 120 USD per taxi one way (about 1.5hr drive) make sure to agree on a price with the driver before you set off. Most all Sto Dmg airport taxi drivers speak English.

AngelaO

Mar 6, 2010
Thank you!! And from the airport, is it best and cheapest to take one of the taxis there and call Apollo for the return trip to Santo Domingo?

demi56

Jun 2, 2007
bayahibewebcam.com
Taxi between SDQ and Bayahibe

You can arrange any transportation you want, so that isn't a problem.
There are many taxis by the airport, most of them vans up to 6 people, so if you have lots of luggage you should be fine in those. As somebody said above, make sure you agree on the price before you get in. You can arrange the return ride with the same guy as well and you might get a better deal that way too. The cost should be between 100 - 120 USD each way, for return you might get 80 USD each way. All drivers (or most) speak English very well, so you shouldn't have problem with communication if you don't speak Spanish.
Happy travel
Denise

AngelaO

Mar 6, 2010
Thank you, Denise! Knowing what to expect really eases my mind. I didn't realize that I could negotiate a bit with the airport taxis, and I don't know why I thought there was a monopoly. I'm a bit overloaded with information, right now. Thank you, again! :)