Taxi Rates

dcp6904

Mar 22, 2012
To get a local taxi from the airport, you have to call them for pickup. I posted a telephone number for Puerto Plata earlier. However, if you don't speak Spanish, you are pretty much stuck with the airport taxi mafia.

A local taxi will charge eight or nine hundred pesos from POP to Puerto Plata. That is slightly more than twenty dollars.

Thank you all.... even the guy who butted in :)

I am an accountant, so I needed to see $$$$$$ I think I like DR! Stay well my friends. Dave from Wisconsin

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The POP taxi union have a website, use the serch botton
the link have been posted before in theses forum.

JJ

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Is there a time honored, best method for a tourist to pay the rates that locals pay for a taxi in Puerto Plata/Sousa?

I could be wrong, but I would think most locals take a carro publico or guagua in Sosua/POP. If you travel like a local, you would probably pay the "local rate."

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I frequent the trips to POP and Santiago from Luperon at least once weekly.
The Santiago return with Driver waiting most of the day is $2500. DOP...Sometimes I include lunch.
The trip return from Luperon to POP is $1500.DOP Time is of little concern.
POP Airport to Luperon can be $2000 DOP.

These rates have not changed for years.
I do not mind paying them the agreed price.
It is all better than trying to navigate the traffic in RD.

I find this question in keeping with the OP thread...no high jacking here.
Russell

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
How Much is a normal Taxi Rate from Bayahibe to La Romana (Sichoem Bus Station)

You know you jumped on a seven year old thread about an entirely different area of the DR? Start a new thread that says something about taxi Bayahibe or La Romana you will get a better answer.

I have not done that taxi lately, so I don't remember exactly. But, I remember I felt lucky to negotiate mil pesos. Which is $20. That is not the normal rate - I think it is maybe $30 to $40. You don't want to take the gua gua? That is local "bus" packed with people that live in La Romana and work in Bayahibe. Old van. But, it works. Much cheaper and lots of local "flavor." Costs about a dollar one way. Good luck. Still you might want to start a new thread for a better answer.