Teaching Jobs Available in Santo Domingo

holita

Jun 6, 2006
An American High School in Santo Domingo is looking for teachers, whose native language is English, for the following positions:

1. High School Science (Chemistry and Physics)
2. High School English Literature
3. Maybe High School and Middle School Math

Please PM me if you are interested in these positions.

Applicants must have at least a Bachelor's or Minor in the area they are teaching and at least 15 hours of education credits. Also, they should have at least 1 year teaching experience. Graet pay and benefits! Thank you!

holita

Jun 6, 2006
Just to clarify, these positions are for the school year that is coming, 2009-2010. Thank you!

tuyajesus

May 20, 2009
Teaching position

Moderator note: Not a good idea to post all your personal info on a public forum.

Please send your CV to holita by Private Message as stated in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

minabina

Apr 7, 2007
when does the academic year begin/end? (also, what's the range for high school teaching salaries...high end/low end/midpoint?) Many thx!

CG1

Jul 1, 2009
Teaching Positions

Hi everyone,

I am a certified English teacher with a B.A. in Psychology, currently living in Canada. I am actively seeking opportunities to teach in the DR, and would love to work with either children or adults. I have contacted several schools so far, but thought I would post a message here as well, just in case anyone may happen to know of any positions that are currently available.

Any feedback would be great!

Thank you,
CG

lisabb25

Feb 9, 2010
Seeking teaching position

OBJECTIVE

To obtain a rewarding position utilizing my skills in Education,Language, Literature & Cultural Studies,Early Childhood Education & Grade School Education in a multicultural environment .

Experience

2007- Present Clasp Children's Center Great Neck, NY
Teacher in charge of developmental lessons
Prepare 4 & 5 year olds for the next grade level

2006- Present Port Washington Teen Center Port Washington, NY
Teen Center Staff
Open up and close the center
Supervise the teens
Assist the teens with activities

2002-2007 Port Washington Children's Center Port Washington, NY
Head Teacher
Complete lesson plans
Help children with homework
Organize and execute arts and crafts projects
Organize and execute outdoor activities

2001-2002 Port Washington Children's Center Port Washington,Ny
Assistant Teacher
Assist head teacher in everyday activities
Help children with homework
Supervise the children

1997-2004 Happiness is Camping Blairstown,NJ
Counselor and Volunteer
Counselor for children with Cancer
In charge of coordinating activities
Getting children to and from activities
Making sure the children recieved their medicine
And most importantly, making sure they stayed positive

2004-2005
Green Meadows Farm Bayside, NY
Tour Guide
Took classes of children on tours of the farm
Educated the children on animals and information about the farm

Education

2006-2009 Old Westbury College
B.A. in Spanish Literature,Culture & Language

2006 Summer University of Puerto Rico San Juan, PR
Studied Spanish Literature

2006- Present Old Westbury College Old Westbury, NY
Studying Spanish Education
Studied abroad in Puerto Rico

2002-2005 Nassau Community College Garden City, NY
Studied Education
Graduated with an A.A.

2001-2002 Queensborough Community College Bayside, NY
Studied nursing

1997-2000 Benjamin Cardozo H.S. Bayside, NY
Major was Spanish

Interests I like to travel the world,and experience other cultures. I have had the pleasure of traveling to the Dominican Republic nine times, Puerto Rico two times, and several countries in Europe. During the summer I volunteer my time at a a camp for children who have Cancer. I have also studied abroad in Puerto Rico, and got to know the island very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Lisa, I'm going to remove your personal details from the post. People can contact you via PM.

You are more likely to get results by sending your CV to schools in the DR (see contact details in the Sticky thread on Private Schools in the Living Forum) than by posting your CV here.

Good luck!

swimweh

Mar 6, 2010
summer work in the DR

Hi potential employers! I'm an ESL teacher with a B.A. in psychology, TESOL cert. and more than three years experience teaching ESL in South America. I came back to the U.S. from teaching in South America for graduate school interviews, and now that I've finished that process and have been accepted to a doctoral program that begins in September, I am very interested in spending this summer teaching in the DR. I mention this to illustrate that my motivation is not one of simply seeking summer fun, but rather one of having been left with an open summer before graduate school that I want to dedicate to the same love of teaching that has led me to seek higher education in the field. If there are any potential employers that run education summer camps or summer classes I would love to hear from you, so please PM me! Thanks!