Teamwork to save suicidal woman

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Motorciclistas-salvan-joven-suicida-Listin-Diario-1024x1022.png

Everyone seems to have something bad to say about people riding on motorcycles. But on Tuesday, 27 February 2024 four young guys volunteered to save a young woman who had climbed on a concrete connecting level over 27 de Febrero Avenue in an apparent attempt to commit suicide.

Two young men on their way to work saw the incident and didn’t think twice and went to the rescue. Two others followed. The woman was brought down safely before 911 Emergency staff arrived.

Read more in Spanish:Listin Diario Noticias SIN...

[url=https://dr1.com/news/2024/02/29/teamwork-to-save-suicidal-woman/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Not sure what that really has to do with motorcycles.
There are some decent people who use them - but there are just as many, if not more, who are violating laws on them.
While we can applaud this life saved what about the hundreds (more like thousands) lost by unlicensed, un-helmeted and reckless moto riders. One life saved doesn't erase those dead and maimed.

David61

Mar 17, 2007
Not sure what that really has to do with motorcycles.
There are some decent people who use them - but there are just as many, if not more, who are violating laws on them.
While we can applaud this life saved what about the hundreds (more like thousands) lost by unlicensed, un-helmeted and reckless moto riders. One life saved doesn't erase those dead and maimed.
I think you are missing the content of the story and the value the men did. Why would you even go down the road about illegal motors? Just to bitch

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Guys, this was real hero shit ! No kidding ! You have to see the videos that are circulating...
Good for them.
This country needs more men who are not afraid to intervene in situations like this one.

Back in 2016 I witnessed a group of Haitians and Dominicans break down a barred/ gated front door to free 2 kids who were locked inside an apartment while their parents were out doing lord knows what at 3:30am in the morning.

Sadly one of the Haitian fellas was robbed (according to witnesses) for his cellphone then shot and killed by some dirtbags on a motorbike a few weeks later as he was walking home from work.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The question that I ask is why she felt the need to walk over the beam and threatened to throw herself from there? Why not attempt to throw herself from the edge or where the underpass goes under an intersection?

The end result would had been the same give the underpass is almost entirely traffic lanes. Something tells she didn’t really wanted to jump and if she did it would had been an accident, maybe trip and fall or slip. Some people are dramatic. Make a show out of anything.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The question that I ask is why she felt the need to walk over the beam and threatened to throw herself from there? Why not attempt to throw herself from the edge or where the underpass goes under an intersection?

The end result would had been the same give the underpass is almost entirely traffic lanes. Something tells she didn’t really wanted to jump and if she did it would had been an accident, maybe trip and fall or slip. Some people are dramatic. Make a show out of anything.

Obviously she wasn’t in a normal state of mind. I doubt she did it as entertainment or attention seeking.

Glenn Burke

Sep 12, 2023
Santo Domingo
Obviously she wasn’t in a normal state of mind. I doubt she did it as entertainment or attention seeking.
She looks totally lost and hopeless in that video, something like a bipolar disorder crisis, when the person shifts from mania to depression. Unfortunately, private clinics that can treat such patients properly, cost about 2000 USD per week here, so only very rich people can afford that for their sick relatives. And even if a person like that gets stabilized and sent home and everything looks OK, once he/she stops taking medication, it all starts again, and each next crisis is worse then the previous one.

• Sad
Reactions: AlterEgo