Telephone engineer wage?

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
boniouk, you will not even get close to your wage in the UK.

Also, not all of us have to indure gunshots or noise at night.
In fact, I hear almost nothing at night and I live a few blocks from Winston Churchill in the heart of the city.

Also you learn quite quick that what you thought were gunshots are actually badly maintained cars backfiring.

And given the volume of badly maintained cars on the roads, some nights can sound like the wild west!!!!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You may make 20K Pesos a month. Now if you negotiate a contract from your country with a Dominican company then you can get a really good waves with some of the bigger costs covered.

I should stop posting with 10 Coronas on my head lol but the idea is the same. I've seen Banco Popular and Cervezeria paying a load of dollars to foreign engineers even though those assignments are almost always temporary. Contact them, you may hit the jackpot. Central Bank also loves foreign help.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Also you learn quite quick that what you thought were gunshots are actually badly maintained cars backfiring.

And given the volume of badly maintained cars on the roads, some nights can sound like the wild west!!!!

NOPAP,
after such long time on the Isle myself nor Robert would get awake in the middle of the night due a simple bad maintained "CarShot".
shots are shots and they come from weapons,
and they are part of life,
no 'mistakings'
Mike

E

engineerfg

Locals I know make between 20-50K pesos a month in various telecom engineering roles, and subject to their level of expertise and management skill. Not much in the 'real world', but a pretty good salary for people here.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Locals I know make between 20-50K pesos a month in various telecom engineering roles, and subject to their level of expertise and management skill. Not much in the 'real world', but a pretty good salary for people here.

sounds like you know a lot of Locals making bog bucks as simle employees here on the isle.
I gurantees Ya that no Employee, not Local and less a Newbie Foreigner, will get a 50K Pesos per Month Salary for any Employment right away from Day One.
to Earn such You have to work Your Way Up within a Company over the Years, usually many Years, to get the Top Payment, like it is in every country with the "Locally compared" Top Salaries.
and People should simply forget about a "extra high Salary/beeing looked for" because they are English but not perfect Spanish speaking "Professionals", this Island does not have a real leak on such "Employees" on the market to fill such Jobs.
Mike