yes Chico, but not operated on

Remember Jimmy Carter.....all thru him ... brain, everything
Keytruda and he's alive today
Only mice got it when he was given it... 1st human

I had Keytruda the 1st time around

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Bill. My cousin, same age as me, is going through the same dilemma as you. He has an inoperable esophageal tumour. They have done everything they can for him. The radiation almost killed him. It’s a waiting game for him now. He thought long and hard and has MAID procedures approved and in place. He was raised in a devout Catholic family and he didn’t make this decision easily. He and I discussed this and I support him fully.

If my cancer had metastasized and spread to major organs I would do the same. Mine didn’t but the chemo and radiation has had a significant permanent impact on my body. I’m still suffering from the effects. I’m 74 and should it reoccur, I highly doubt I’d subject myself to more treatment.

My advice, if you choose MAID, is to return and go through the process in Canada. I don’t know if it’s achievable in the DR. I’m sorry to hear about medical issue and I wish you the best choosing what you consider to be the proper road for you. A very personal decision and yours alone.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Yeah I've heard that's a monoclonal antibody treatment.
But isn't it very expensive? Or did you receive it in Canada?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Fight the good fight aslong as you can William!! I told my wife to bury me upside down so the world can kiss My ass..

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Please don't misunderstand...... I am not terminally ill........ but am a cancer victim.

\I am simply looking for a DR solution as opposed to going back to Canada or elsewhere

My 1st thread was shut down so I started this one

Thank you for all the good wishes but I am under blue skies just now.

Like Ecdman, it was my friend who got me thinking seriously about a 'final' plan
Both my wife and I favor this approach

Thanks again for your thoughts and support

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Please don't misunderstand...... I am not terminally ill........ but am a cancer victim.

\I am simply looking for a DR solution as opposed to going back to Canada or elsewhere

My 1st thread was shut down so I started this one

Thank you for all the good wishes but I am under blue skies just now.

Like Ecdman, it was my friend who got me thinking seriously about a 'final' plan
Both my wife and I favor this approach

Thanks again for your thoughts and support
Bill. You have access to a good lawyer. Consult with her first to determine if it’s possible and what the legal ramifications are for you and your family/estate. The DR private medical system has many options for those willing to pay their costs. I’m guessing living wills, non resuscitation orders, already exist under DR law. If they do, the system probably has some medically approved aspects of MAID already in it.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

He is but frankly I do not want to live to 98 being spoon fed and in a diaper.
I saw my mother live to 101 and the last 6 years could not be called living

Reactions: Jan and JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
For what it's worth, I think all of us have known someone who was given months to live but years later they are still here. Keep positive and live everyday like it's your last. Everybody should do that. My best regards to you.
I've mentioned my friend before who had stage 4 prostate cancer and given weeks to live who went to Thailand to go out with a bang. ( no pun intended)
He was talked into visiting a homeopathy doctor there (and a M.D., not a quack) who put him on a strict diet and some other therapies.
That's been over ten years ago. He's in his 80's now, cancer in full remission, is healthier than ever and plays golf every day.
Maybe you and your wife should take a vacation to Thailand, William.

Reactions: SKY

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've mentioned my friend before who had stage 4 prostate cancer and given weeks to live who went to Thailand to go out with a bang. ( no pun intended)
He was talked into visiting a homeopathy doctor there (and a M.D., not a quack) who put him on a strict diet and some other therapies.
That's been over ten years ago. He's in his 80's now, cancer in full remission, is healthier than ever and plays golf every day.
Maybe you and your wife should take a vacation to Thailand, William.
And take up golf