• New Garden Hotel

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 26 24.5%

• Total voters

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i normally associate cheap hotels with people who don't care about their personal hygiene and more about mongering/chicas. but just my dos centavos. :ermm:

I am fairly sure this hotel is endorsed by "Never Stop Exploring"!

;)

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Rocky's

Rocky's gets my vote. I was just there a week ago. Clean sheets, warm water and A/C for $US30. Plus you have the very reasonable restaurant with good food. One of the biggest pluses is the many ex-pats that hang out there. These people are very nice and a wealth of information about everything Sosua.

Mar 2, 2008
I second Rbh44's sentiments. Rocky's may not be a 5-star facility, but the rooms are comfortable and affordable, and the food is consistently good.

Moreover, the cast of characters that frequent Rocky's provide enough interesting and thought-provoking entertainment to equal any you'll find in an all-inclusive. There is no place that I know of on the north coast that can match that particular attribute.

One point I should mention, if anyone is faint of heart, or can not handle straight-forward talk and honest opinion, then it would probably be best to avoid Rocky's. If and when you ask a question of that crew, you will an earful, and you might not always like what you hear.

If you require kid-glove treatment and having your feelings pampered you might want to consider looking elsewhere. But if you enjoy a good mix of friendly and fun-loving people, with enough local knowledge to fill a book, then definately check out Rocky's.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
Value

i normally associate cheap hotels with people who don't care about their personal hygiene and more about mongering/chicas. but just my dos centavos. :ermm:

Value was the theme here. Clean sheets and warm shower= personal hygine

Good food and good company = good time

That's what Rocky's provides.

As for chica mongering, who cares? What people do is their business and not my place to judge......

Reactions: Rocky

herry16

Dec 7, 2009
New Garden Hotel for me

If you and your friends are single travelers then you don't have to look any further than the New Garden Hotel........it's Ground Zero for anything you could possibly want on a vacation at this 37 room resort with it's central location and a minute walk to the bars, discos and restaurants.......and ten minutes walk to Sosua Beach which is beautiful

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you and your friends are single travelers then you don't have to look any further than the New Garden Hotel........it's Ground Zero for anything you could possibly want on a vacation at this 37 room resort with it's central location and a minute walk to the bars, discos and restaurants.......and ten minutes walk to Sosua Beach which is beautiful

It has the digital code laptop safes - so no thievery or safe key to worry about.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sounds like RSG and Sosua were made for each other.

Enjoy!

But seriously folks, the laptop safes at New Garden Hotel are cool.
This single fact alone would sway my decision.
Hate to burst your bubble, Don Pedro, but your assumption about the safes is incorrect.
It has the digital code laptop safes - so no thievery or safe key to worry about.
The digital safes in hotels have to have another form of entry, otherwise, each time a guest forgot the combo,(which happens quite often) you'd have to replace it.
The digital safes usually have a plastic cover that hides the keyhole.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Hate to burst your bubble, Don Pedro, but your assumption about the safes is incorrect.

The digital safes in hotels have to have another form of entry, otherwise, each time a guest forgot the combo,(which happens quite often) you'd have to replace it.
The digital safes usually have a plastic cover that hides the keyhole.

NO bubble burst there, my friend.
At least one can narrow it down to an inside job if your safe is breached. And you can fit your laptop inside.
No key to lose and no laptop stuffed under your mattress - sounds good to me!!

Your food is far better though, Marco....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
NO bubble burst there, my friend.
At least one can narrow it down to an inside job if your safe is breached. And you can fit your laptop inside.
No key to lose and no laptop stuffed under your mattress - sounds good to me!!

Your food is far better though, Marco....
Well thanks, but you do know that I sold Rocky's and am retired now, don't you?
Now I fart around with computers and travel as much as I can.
Life is good.

Reactions: mike l

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Don Antonio's

Just reviewed the last page of 7, so I don't know if this hotel has been already mentioned (but it wasn't listed on the poll), if it has forgive me, but I don't feel like going through seven pages of info.

I have found Don Antonio's, to be nice as far as a clean and decent budget hotel. Near the center of town, for about $35/night, don't know if the price goes up for the high season. A/C, ceiling fan, hot running water in the shower, small refrigerator for essentials, a nice pool, security at night with parking on grounds. I have stayed there three times in the last 6 months or so, and have stayed in three different rooms and were pleased with them all, one with a King size bed, the other with two Queens, and one with a Full. Most importanly a real nice management staff, headed by Obie, a real and true gentleman.

SaintLoouieJim

Jul 3, 2009
Condos Dominicano & Condos Plus

My last trip to Sosua I had the pleasure of staying in the heart of town at Condos Dominicano.

Amazingly quiet, beautiful grounds with large swimming pool on Wolfgang Mozart, 1/2 block from City Hall, SuperSuper, and Pedro Clisante. Studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom accomodations, and at least when renting for a few weeks or a month, much less than the single room rates quoted above at Rocky's and others. I did not get air conditiong but some units there have that too, and will next trip next year. ~$600 month (~$20/day) gets you a two story, one bedroom unit complete with fridge, microwave, cooktop, kitchen, living room, bedroom, two bathrooms. I paid DOP$200 extra for on-site staff laundry. High speed WiFi was free, I even rented a laptop and Skype phone from them for my trip so I didn't have to worry about losing mine to thieves. Very, very nice. They are guest friendly too as long as you respect others right to peace and quiet. They have a nice website with live cams.

Hands down they would get my vote if included in this poll.

P.S.
I was told Condos Plus is owned by another member here, anyone know Eddy?

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
My last trip to Sosua I had the pleasure of staying in the heart of town at Condos Dominicano.

Amazingly quiet, beautiful grounds with large swimming pool on Wolfgang Mozart, 1/2 block from City Hall, SuperSuper, and Pedro Clisante. Studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom accomodations, and at least when renting for a few weeks or a month, much less than the single room rates quoted above at Rocky's and others. I did not get air conditiong but some units there have that too, and will next trip next year. ~$600 month (~$20/day) gets you a two story, one bedroom unit complete with fridge, microwave, cooktop, kitchen, living room, bedroom, two bathrooms. I paid DOP$200 extra for on-site staff laundry. High speed WiFi was free, I even rented a laptop and Skype phone from them for my trip so I didn't have to worry about losing mine to thieves. Very, very nice. They are guest friendly too as long as you respect others right to peace and quiet. They have a nice website with live cams.

P.S.

SaintLoouieJim, i wrote you a private message. Please check it out! thanks... need your help

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Condos Dominicano

Hi,

Do the rooms have safes and is there a security guard at night??

Thanks,
Jim

P.S.