The Dominican Air Force

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Zoom; Those hueys have been with the Dominican air force for many years (late 70's) if I remember, after floods (hurricanes or heavy rains) they always come out with limited supplies and for transportation of victims, limited also...but they try. They are not used for T/A victims, not enough of them. So may be back in Kansas...ups they just had a big tornado an blew away paper houses and killed lots of people,guess life is cheap there also,to pay a little bit more for masonry construction.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't miss the REAL purpose for those "Pretty Airplanes"!
The "Comision" paid to the "Politicos" from the seller,when they are delivered!
The "Emporer" Has New "Clothes"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Pichardo",and his "Pretty Pictures" are bought and paid for!

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Ah, we got Pichardo's attention. Nice pictures. Maybe I should clarify "rescue". Transporting bodies is not rescue. Genuine rescue is the rapid delivery of advanced life support measures. It need to be done within what is termed the "golden hour". Its the period of time from a few minutes up to an hour or more during which the quick delivery of als measures will result in saving many lives. Pilots dont do it. It requires a significant amount of training and a well equipped hospital with radio contact to the rescuers so that the proper treatment is standing by when the patient is delivered into the hospital. While those are nice pictures they do not represent what really happens to the usual victim of accidents in the DR. When I was in a wreck no one showed up. No police and no helicopters. Life is cheap in the DR. Besides they are very busy scaring away the narco trafficers with all their air power. People? not too important in the DR unless they are rich or its election time. Not being cynical, just realistic. And I like it here but I do not look at the DR thru rose colored glasses. Should I expect a helicopter to come to my aid in the DR next time I am in a serious accident or maybe a flood. Naw, it will be a very long wait.

I know how you feel. I did add a helicopter rescue option to my car insurance. It works for me and any companions in my car. It also works if I'm travelling in a different car and am involved in a car accident. It's not very expensive, and considering the alternative... well worth it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I like the DR but I dont expect a helicopter rescue or even extraction. Have they done a few? I'm sure they have. Am I going to wait for a helicopter the next time I am swept away in a swollen raging river? Nope. Plus whenever I swim in swollen raging floodwaters I have my own helicopter flying overhead just in case I need assistance. The point being that I usually try to take care of myself such that I do not depend upon other people - well, maybe my wife once in a while. She usually stays on the river bank as she does not like to fly in helicopters.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I like the DR but I dont expect a helicopter rescue or even extraction. Have they done a few? I'm sure they have. Am I going to wait for a helicopter the next time I am swept away in a swollen raging river? Nope. Plus whenever I swim in swollen raging floodwaters I have my own helicopter flying overhead just in case I need assistance. The point being that I usually try to take care of myself such that I do not depend upon other people - well, maybe my wife once in a while. She usually stays on the river bank as she does not like to fly in helicopters.

Whatever gave you the idea that it also happens to be available in most other countries as well?

Like usual, comparing apples to space dust...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ah, we got Pichardo's attention. Nice pictures. Maybe I should clarify "rescue". Transporting bodies is not rescue. Genuine rescue is the rapid delivery of advanced life support measures. It need to be done within what is termed the "golden hour". Its the period of time from a few minutes up to an hour or more during which the quick delivery of als measures will result in saving many lives. Pilots dont do it. It requires a significant amount of training and a well equipped hospital with radio contact to the rescuers so that the proper treatment is standing by when the patient is delivered into the hospital. While those are nice pictures they do not represent what really happens to the usual victim of accidents in the DR. When I was in a wreck no one showed up. No police and no helicopters. Life is cheap in the DR. Besides they are very busy scaring away the narco trafficers with all their air power. People? not too important in the DR unless they are rich or its election time. Not being cynical, just realistic. And I like it here but I do not look at the DR thru rose colored glasses. Should I expect a helicopter to come to my aid in the DR next time I am in a serious accident or maybe a flood. Naw, it will be a very long wait.

I worked in a search & Rescue Squadron, twice , once for 4 years with single and dual Huey's, and 10 years with Buffalo aircraft and Boeing Vertol Helios. Recovering bodies is still rescuing them. Ask their families.

MarAzul888

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know about Pichardo's previous posts but it sure seems like a lot of people are being a-holes in this thread :-D

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
F8267353-31E3-447A-B3B0-47527A0A1EAB.jpeg

DSC_3463.JPG

UH_1H_II_en_operacion_de_rescate.jpg

8732C4D6-6EAB-483C-ADFB-B9FD0A50B4A4.jpeg

B9BECC61-6DC8-4700-8B05-B16778B41DBF.jpeg

0A18F8E9-FC95-40B6-A7CC-64EEE33E1D10.jpeg

6C7BC67E-7B1C-46C8-AE95-A3C0232CC08C.jpeg