The Dominicans in NYC??

May 31, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
The only non-mixed dominicans (morenos) I rarely see is the baseball players on TV and the very, very few sprinkled here and there. Trust me I've hung out in nearly all the domincan neighborhoods in NYC and a few in NJ.

Mi Dos Centavos ;)
When you say non-mixed Dominicans are you talking about mixing race or mixing with people from other countries? You need to explain yourself more. Maybe there is something that I am not catching.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
YaniKK said:
If you didn't know by now that Dominicans come in all shapes, color and sizes than you need to turn the TV off and get out there and see for yourself.
What the Hell are you talking about, you come to this thread late and if you have read the previous posts the question was already answered, you small comments was not needed and I am out there seeing for myself and that's why I asked the question in the first place, NalOwhs gracefully answered the question, punto.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Dragonfly32837 said:
When you say non-mixed Dominicans are you talking about mixing race or mixing with people from other countries? You need to explain yourself more. Maybe there is something that I am not catching.
non-mixed i.e. White Dominicans & Black Dominicans
mixed i.e. Mullatoes & Mestizoes

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
AZB said:
Most are from ghettos of santiago, la vega etc. they are all dom-york chopos. These New York yankees baseball cap wearing, diamonds on each ear chopos are laughing stock of all decent dominicans in santiago. Hahahahaha
AZB

at least they got hair-no comb overs, looks, and gettin American ***... whereas you make up fairytales about your UBH in Santiago getting a degree .....in prostitution :bandit:

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capodominicano said:
It would be the same if I said all pakastanis are terriorists or every foreniger living in DR is a criminal/sex pervert or that chiropractors aren't real doctors.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
Hmm.........

FuegoAzul21 said:
I cant speak for new york , but i can speak for new jersey .It sometimes depends on where exactly in NJ they are from .For instance , in places like Perth Amboy ,Newark ,and Trenton ,Camden ,thier Dominican populations tend to be lighter becuase most of them come from special areas in dr .(Newark,San Jose de Las Matas-Perth Amboy La Vega and Santiago-Trenton and camden also have many Cibaenos )they are all from one place ,but when it comes to places with very large Dominican populations like Paterson,Passiac, Jersey City,Union City , West New York ,North Bergen,Guttenburg,some parts of bergan county ) there is alot of diversity (as in regions in DR people are from) ,but i will note that in the hudson county area there is a large number of Black surenos (as in they are physically black and happen to be from the southern part of the island) many also move to predominantly black neighborhoods like east orange , irvington, black parts of Newark ,Hackensack,Teaneck,Hoboken(projects) . Most are Capitalenos ,but i have also met alot of Sancri's ,Boca chicas,one san pedro,a few Banilejos(most are light skinned or white) ,other than that not too many people form anywhere else .Then you have many Haitians claiming to be part Dominican ,just to fit in with the Hispanic crowd(I've seen it sooo many times ) ,alot blacks do the same as well .so, sometimes
the person can be lying.

Camden ,That's a Pretty Ruff town. I have a few Dominican Friends down there.I guess you Check birth certificates before you make friends!? :bandit: ;)

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
neverlost said:
Camden ,That's a Pretty Ruff town. I have a few Dominican Friends down there.I guess you Check birth certificates before you make friends!? :bandit: ;)

nah ,i dont,it really doesnt matter to me where a person is from ,how they look like, religion , language,or whatever.Im way above that,however,when someone has enough pride to rep where they are from(no matter what situation and not fabricate anything) and respect other people on that level(respect other peoples cultures), i see that as a very honorable trait(which all people should have).Maybe you got the post all wrong by thinking im trying to put somebody down(im not in anyway)or just trying to turn it into something it is not(some silly race debate) ,so I'll just leave it at that

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Camden isnt ruff...its like a 3rd world country ruff...I wouldnt suggest anyone heading down to one of many americas war zones...

Fuego,

Its like 1 million haitians living in the DR u mean none of them could have mixed with dominicans and migrated to the US... ;) What about the dominicans who see a mulatto or white haitian and are perplexed...always insisting we have some dominican blood..NOPE.....this happens to me all the time....

Like you said lets not debate a race since that race will be endless...and boring...BTW, are u taking some summer classes? Well, enjoy ur summer

neverlost said:

Last edited: