Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The great debate, where do you start from? 😊

IMG_4970.jpeg

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Absolutely, NanSP.

However, SOMEONE will undoubtably write that they detest empanadas and/or empanadillas.
But I'll have it every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

• Haha
Reactions: AlterEgo

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The great debate, where do you start from? 😊

View attachment 8736
I don't. - most of the empanadas I've had in DR aren't fit for human consumption.
My dogs won't even touch them.
The ones I ate in Spain were frigging delicious but here they are just a fried mess.
Maybe there are good ones in SD but on the north coast they are garbage

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I don't. - most of the empanadas I've had in DR aren't fit for human consumption.
The ones I ate in Spain were frigging delicious but here they are just a fried mess.
I used to have a guy in Andres make 2 egg empanadas for me fresh every day. They were awesome. However, we know the oil he's using isn't that good, so I had to give them up. Best 80 pesos ever spent here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Wow! I’ve never had a bad empanada on south coast, I especially love the cativia (dough made with yuca instead of flour) that they sell on the beaches. Made to order, not sitting there under lights.
A place called Las Empanadas opened several locations in SD that looks great, will definitely try them next time we’re nearby. They look scrumptious, large and stuffed generously.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Wow! I’ve never had a bad empanada on south coast, I especially love the cativia (dough made with yuca instead of flour) that they sell on the beaches. Made to order, not sitting there under lights.
A place called Las Empanadas opened several locations in SD that looks great, will definitely try them next time we’re nearby. They look scrumptious, large and stuffed generously.
Those are the best.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I eat them two or three times a week including coffee for 60 pesos and unlike the crap (often left sitting out since yesterday) they over charge you for in Sosua, these are cooked in a small kitchen then delivered fluffy and fresh every morning by 8am.

Reactions: Lucifer

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Absolutely, NanSP.

However, SOMEONE will undoubtably write that they detest empanadas and/or empanadillas.
But I'll have it every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Con picante o sin picante?

Lol

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I eat them two or three times a week including coffee for 60 pesos and unlike the crap (often left sitting out since yesterday) they over charge you for in Sosua, these are cooked in a small kitchen then delivered fluffy and fresh every morning by 8am.
Good deal!

12 years ago, I had very good shrimp empanadas in Bonao. Expensive but great: RD$100 each

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've got various options in San Cristobal for empanadas. I order them by Pedidosya, and they are still too hot to eat when they arrive.

Like AE, I'm a sucker for the Yuca w/pollo or cheese ones, fried in front of you while you wait.

One of the places I like cooks them with a small amount of oil, and is constantly adding a few ounces or so to keep it fresh.

Always with Picante, and always #1.

Is it any wonder I have weight issues? LOL

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've got various options in San Cristobal for empanadas. I order them by Pedidosya, and they are still too hot to eat when they arrive.

Like AE, I'm a sucker for the Yuca w/pollo or cheese ones, fried in front of you while you wait.

One of the places I like cooks them with a small amount of oil, and is constantly adding a few ounces or so to keep it fresh.

Always with Picante, and always #1.

Is it any wonder I have weight issues? LOL

If you’re so inclined…… there are a couple of ladies who make the yuca dough discs fresh daily, and sell them mornings on the corners outside the Mercado in San Cristobal.