The Leaning Tower of JD

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
This is the method that worked for me in posting pics. I used 640x480. Thank you to bigbird.
"Where it says browse click and search your pc for the photo to upload.
Where it says resize either select 640x480 or 800x600.
Next click upload (you may be asked for a code to prove you are not a robot).
Once the pic is uploaded copy and past the link that says for message boards into your DR1 post."

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Am I understanding this correctly? Someone wants to complete this and expects people to actually pay to live there????? Hahahaha

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
I don't know what's more unbelievable, that they want people to live there, or that I was finally able to upload photos.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
What you see, is what you get. With the exception of the recent concrete siding, the building has sat there in this condition for at least 10 years. The following are my past references to the infamous Leaning Tower of JD on other threads.
1. "What I can say, is that there is work taking place on the "skeleton tower" next to Albatros. Very scary indeed. This skeleton tower has been sitting there for I don't know how long. Every person, expat and Dominican, that I have spoken to over the last few years, has told me that this project was cancelled and condemned, because the frame was constructed using below standard concrete and framing techniques, and the owners/builders took off to parts unknown. Again how long this concrete tower has existed is anybody's guess, just sitting there exposed to the elements. Well now, it has been fenced off, and there is some concrete flashing occurring on the upper levels. Not reinforcement of any kind, but just flashing. No ads. No signage. This tower actually seems to lean, and I know of many people that were concerned that it may come crashing down if a huge storm were to hit. I myself, never walked on that side of the street. I was going to ask the workers a few questions, but hunger set in, and I opted to go to lunch."
2. "The Leaning Tower of Juan Dolio....this is the "structure" next to Albatros, that yes, is leaning. A new, zink sheet fence (gotta love them) with a real padlock now runs the length of this odd creature. The side walls have been flashed over to give a concrete appearance, but does anybody really know? Nothing more/nothing less. Very bizarre."

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Photos need to be shot at 90 degrees from the direction it is leaning in order to truly see the lean.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it does not look like it's leaning from those angles but on the last photo something looks a bit off. feels like the windows are uneven in relation to other floors/sides, perhaps?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for posting the photos. I appreciate the effort. That place is fugly!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Apparently they haven't started working on it yet, they probably wanna sell some first before they start "finishing" the building.
I still can't see anybody being that stupid getting involved in this "project".
They are going to need some cut throat salesmen to sell this, I wish them luck and more so the buyers. ;)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Two things I'd love to see:

1. How you got that picture to publish in a post.

2. A plumb hanging from the top floor to the ground to see just how much it's really leaning.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
If you look closely at the bottom right hand corner of the photo, you can see windows with a bluish hue. This is where the Watchy Man sleeps, amongst other things. Place has been like that for years.