The Liberal Redneck......."Make America White Again"

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
When I lived in NC, the best Humor on the Radio all eventually got Censored .. Harmless stuff... point is , its amazing how SENSITIVE Southerners can bea ..unless of course they are making fun of Yankees, then its a Free for all.
.. but if you even remotely make fun of them they get all touchy ..
I know the Redneck Comedy tour material, would contradict what I am saying, and I cant explain it .. but Several Radio skits I used to love, they got so many complaints they got shut down . really simple stuff too like rednecks talking all country at the " Pump and Munch" .. very very funny ,but i guess way too Realistic for them good ole boys.
I must say, very polite people, especially the Police.. I got along very very well with the Police , carrying my Sidearm and all.. most polite police force i ever had contact with ..

John Boy and Billy show in on radio every day in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
John Boy and Billy show in on radio every day in USA.

Not sure if those were the same guys, but their Pump and much gas station skits were definitely completely removed ,they had to make an excuse for the "characters" like they died or something. Nothing even remotely obscene about the skit.
Send them an Email and ask why it was taken off the air .
are they also on the Air in the Greensboro triad ? cuz Charlotte is like 100 miles away.
this was circa '93 '94 btw

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
Not sure if those were the same guys, but their Pump and much gas station skits were definitely completely removed ,they had to make an excuse for the "characters" like they died or something. Nothing even remotely obscene about the skit.
Send them an Email and ask why it was taken off the air .
are they also on the Air in the Greensboro triad ? cuz Charlotte is like 100 miles away.
this was circa '93 '94 btw

Don't know about North Carolina because I listen to them in southern Virginia area where I work even thought I live 25 miles west of Raleigh. These radio station are always removing shows and adding..... they took off Allan handelman show in my area... ****ed me off.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Don't know about North Carolina because I listen to them in southern Virginia area where I work even thought I live 25 miles west of Raleigh. These radio station are always removing shows and adding..... they took off Allan handelman show in my area... ****ed me off.

Yeagh i hear you
thanks
The Skit I mentioned was EPIC Funny... I mean just really good Material.. nothing "blue" about it
But I think it may have been based on Real People ..who they observed hanging out at the gas station..

But then the Andy Griffith Show, was also in North Carolina, and based on REAL people , even Ernest T Bass, who threw bricks through peoples windows when he got upset .Goober , and his whole routine,
and Floyd the Barber . not sure about Barney, I think Knotts CREATED that Character out of his own mind as I recall. even the only one bullet in the gun thing was his idea as I recall.

But somehow that TV show and all its quirky and very " country" characters was deemed WHOLESOME. ?
Not sure what they got their panties in a bunch over that Radio Routine, but People said they got a LOT of complaints and had to remove it .