They want nude beach!!!!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
244xzls.gif
While the story of Adam and Eve makes for a nice fairy tale, I understand that there are societal norms that prevent public nudity.
There are some resorts in the DR that cater to nudists, but I don't know of any publicly accessible beaches where the practice would be allowed in the DR.

But allowed in the streets of Santiago, if they are ugly.
If they are a woman with a fairly nice body, then the police pick them up real fast!
I have seen that concept in action here in Santiago a few times.

2a5jfw9.gif

SantiagoDR

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Umm, err, excuse me.

Being as how we're so close to Columbus Day and all...

I'm betting that when he landed on the island ALL the beaches were nude beaches. The Tainos had to be taught that their bodies were an abomination against all things good and proper.

Preach on about "the culture"

pffft!

Reactions: pedrochemical

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
That's not part of any teaching I've ever heard of.

Who told them they needed to clothe themselves?

Who came up with the whole concept of "naked savages"?

I'll tell you who. It was the clothed savages, bibles in one hand, sabres in the other. You can consider "sabre" a metaphor.

Reactions: Africaida

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Bob, and those were most likely drunk :bunny: I'd never seen a local going nude at the beach either.
Rewind 30-40 years and any town, hamlet, batey that had a beach, river, rivulet or irrigation canal within reasonable walking or "pon" distance would have the locals(men, women, children) bathing as the Tainos did before the big "C"(is that you Columbus? who's the guy on the cross?) came along to ruin things. I can feel the flames already!

Last edited:

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Topless bathing for women is not usual (= forbidden) in Dominican Republic. So it?s the same with nudes on the beach.

And sorry, not all the topless women there are European, I also had to enjoy:paranoid: lots North American (USA, Canada) ladies liing around only "tanga-weaponed" to get the attention of a Dominican sankie;-)))

Here in Europe topless bathing is normal in many countries, to practice free body culture there are also many offers, but in separated areas.

Dominican society - as in so many other countries - is far away from Adam & Eve. When travelling to a foreign country I respect the rules, religion, laws and customs of that country. Or better stay at home!

Saludos (and sorry about my bad English)