Things Dominicans {Abroad} Are Tired of Hearing

Jul 28, 2014
this is one i found on the internet a while back, and the result was great. you could use papaya instead of mango and pineapple. make sure it is not too ripe..

Ingredients
4 or more peppers (Habanero, scotch bonnet pepper)
? cup chopped onion
? cup fresh fruit (Mango or Pineapple)
2-3 garlic cloves
? teaspoon cumin spice
? cup vinegar (I used mixture of lime and vinegar)
? teaspoon mustard
1-2 Tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
Salt and white pepper to taste
Herbs (parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme) optional
Instructions
Method 1
Blend scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, fruit and onions in a food processor or blender. Add vinegar to facilitate blending. Then mix in cumin, mustard, white pepper, and brown sugar. Adjust for salt and seasoning. Refrigerate and use when ready.
Method 2
Add about a table of preferred cooking oil to a medium saucepan followed scotch bonnet pepper, garlic, and onions. Saut? for about 1-2 minutes. Let it cool, place in a blender or food processor together with other ingredients and blend to desired consistency.
You may return to sauce pan, add about more oil as needed bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes or more
Adjust for seasoning and salt. Refrigerate and use when ready.

Muchas gracias!

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
i have recipes for the most spectacular hot sauces anywhere on the planet. Trinidadians are the best ever, and i got some recipes from them. outrageous flavors.*

that pepper grain is allspice. it is great for making soups. you drop in 4 or so while the liquid is cooking, then take them out when you are done.
Grains of paradise is not the same as allspice.