Things to do in Santiago?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MARS, this is the problem with dom yorks, they just don't get it. They walk in with sneakers that seem fit for an astronaut and the baseball hat with NY printed on it, the tattoos, the long shorts and a huge T shirt. The Tigre hot hair cut and tough look. man o man, how can you not see yourself and not laugh at your own costume? This the major differance between the dom yorks and the santiago decent folks. Its like PC and mac, one doesn't accept the other's software. It so happens the majority of dom yorks are originally from the barrios of santiago (if they are from santiago) so naturally when they come here, they end up in barrios all over again. They are taken out by barrio girls / relatives to Ambis disco, monumento, andy's raunch and monte bar. These are the must for dom yorks. All dom yorks are seen with fake blonds and they all drink black label to feel upper class. The black label bottle just doesn't seen right on their table. Some dress up with 5 button suits with fancy leather shoes with metal things attached to it and order a wine bottle in tribecca bar yet they all seem like roughed up criminals from prison. It just doesn't suit them at all. They all talk like tigres. So please, stop trying to explain the dom york phenomenom to me. Santiagueros laugh at them behind their backs. This is the same reason educated santiagueros don't want to go to places where dom yorks socialize. For that reason alone amibis, andy's ranch and other places are fitted to accomodate dom yorks. No decent dominican goes to ambis. This is the truth.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!

AZB said:
MARS, this is the problem with dom yorks, they just don't get it. They walk in with sneakers that seem fit for an astronaut and the baseball hat with NY printed on it, the tattoos, the long shorts and a huge T shirt. The Tigre hot hair cut and tough look. man o man, how can you not see yourself and not laugh at your own costume? This the major differance between the dom yorks and the santiago decent folks. Its like PC and mac, one doesn't accept the other's software. It so happens the majority of dom yorks are originally from the barrios of santiago (if they are from santiago) so naturally when they come here, they end up in barrios all over again. They are taken out by barrio girls / relatives to Ambis disco, monumento, andy's raunch and monte bar. These are the must for dom yorks. All dom yorks are seen with fake blonds and they all drink black label to feel upper class. The black label bottle just doesn't seen right on their table. Some dress up with 5 button suits with fancy leather shoes with metal things attached to it and order a wine bottle in tribecca bar yet they all seem like roughed up criminals from prison. It just doesn't suit them at all. They all talk like tigres. So please, stop trying to explain the dom york phenomenom to me. Santiagueros laugh at them behind their backs. This is the same reason educated santiagueros don't want to go to places where dom yorks socialize. For that reason alone amibis, andy's ranch and other places are fitted to accomodate dom yorks. No decent dominican goes to ambis. This is the truth.
AZB
Talking out of your axx again, my brother from a Pakistani's mother?.

I know for a fact that you DO know someone whom you consider a "dom york" who does NOT behave the way you described above.

If need to refresh your memory, GO to the Media Galley and look at some of your pictures with that old "good looking" fat man. Not not Charlie, the other fatso, the one on the left!. Hahahahaha!.

You are funny, my dear compadre!.

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
I'm so glad I don't live over there

AZB because of people like you is why I am soooo happy I don't live in the dominican republic. You and your attitude. You are just a typical middle class dominican that thinks just becuase you live in some urbanizasion you are better than other people.

My friend. money talks, and bull s.... walks. As long as a person has money to buy whatever they want then I guess they can have anything they want on their table...

and FYI

any dead beat with a 6 dollars an hour job can buy a black lable here.... so that is just what we CAN drink here. so if you see any body drinking a black lable is because that is what they are USED TO. They are not trying to impress you, because you are no body.

If what is bothering you is that you cant afford it and you have to stick to Dewarts then just ask for some... am sure any "dominican York" would be happy to share.

AZB, you know what i'm thinking too... maybe you are just jealous, you guys over there think you are so hip. listening to rock or electronica or whatever, rejecting your culture... I think that is just a manifestation of your discontent with the country.

Unfortunately for you we where born there, or our parents are from there, we keep your economy going... YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH US BECAUSE YOU NEED US !!!!!!!

AND WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.... BECAUSE WE GOT MONEY....

I am dominican born, raised in the united states, and I am glad I dont have to suffer people like you.

In september I will be in Santiago, maybe I'll go to Ambis, or maybe I'll go to tribeca, or ahi bar, I will have a bottle of black lable or Gray goose, and I will have a toast in your name. hoping that your insides burn with envy cause you are stuck. you ignorant fool

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Just goes to show the world that (to paraphrase Rudyard Kipling)
"North is North and South is South and never the twain shall meet"!!!

We each live in our own individual concept of "society", so why make thea attempt to explain and/or impose the mores of our society on others?

After all, one must feel secure with their own image, musn't one???

Maybe you all should read a bit of basic Philosophy to better understand what is going on around you in the world.

It ain't all baseball and rap.

Texas Bill

Chellow

Jul 27, 2006
Can some one give me some interesting sights to see in two days in Santiago. I?m not a bar, Disco or dance person, I will try Camp David, Centro Leon and can you explain what I can find at the universities to occupy my time.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Chellow said:
Can some one give me some interesting sights to see in two days in Santiago. I?m not a bar, Disco or dance person, I will try Camp David, Centro Leon and can you explain what I can find at the universities to occupy my time.
Boy we really needed this post now. Calm before the storm. Prognosis an AZB hurricane heading this wayyyyyyyy, Duck!!!!!!:paranoid:

Mikethe1&only

Jul 14, 2006
Being from NY and living in the suburbs, I do not agree with anyone talking down on New Yorkers, especially dumb "hibaros" like AZB.

Maybe New Yorkers feel the same when someone like AZB comes to NY.

Personally, I do not discriminate any race or try to be someone I am not. If i drink black label is because I like it NOT because I want to try to be someone I am not.

AZB, grow up!!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
AZB said:
AZB

If they can afford the black label, then what's the problem. Are you jealous because you have to live on a third world country salary??

We laugh at you guys, all wearing the same button checker shirts.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: its that the DR uniform????

Jan 5, 2006
For those that don't mind the "chopo" crowds, which I don't. This Saturday, 8/5, Raulin Rodriguez will be at Montebar Las Colinas. :)

Mujermaravilla

Jun 15, 2006
is there a happy medium?

Guys,

I saw some pics of Ambis, and to tell you the truth that is not my crowd at all. I also saw some pics of Zoom and that crowd is too young and probably stuck up....

is there a chill out place where people in their late 20's can go dance merengue, hip hop, maybe even rock. we just want to listen to good music and be surrounded by professional people kind of a thing.....

please help

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
I want to be a chopo!!!

Hipocrito Mejia said:
For those that don't mind the "chopo" crowds, which I don't. This Saturday, 8/5, Raulin Rodriguez will be at Montebar Las Colinas. :)

Wow, that place is going to be crowded wall to wall. Wish I could be there.

I have a confession to make and I have to get it off my chest quickly. I am a gringo 'chopo' and I am absolutely proud of it also. Actually I think that I am the king of gringo chopos. I go to fancy clubs here in the US. Why would I go the DR and try to do the same things that I can do here?. No fancy or prestige clubs for me in the DR. You guys can keep them to yourselves

Jan 5, 2006
I go wherever there's going to be good live music (merengue, bachata, tipico), and I don't really care much about the rest of the crowd. I usually go with a small group of friends in couples, and we keep to ourselves and enjoy our time out.

I could care less what anyone else thinks, as long as I enjoy myself. :)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

I wanted to go to Montebar but didn't have enough time. I did go to Francifol, very chic place, and you can get up and dance: the men and women were of all ages, but all very well dressed and well mannered and good looking. I also went to Ahi Bar, this is a sports bar, they have tv monitors to watch the games. I like this place a lot, lots of good looking men probably close to middle age, the music not as loud as Francifol so you can conversate, I was told that this is the hook up place for both men and women. The food was pretty good and the drinks were strong, so all I had was two kamakazis, then we went to Montezuma around the corner and they had a live merengue/bachata band that played all the latest hits, very very nice also. We got up and danced also.