Thomson (for flights to UK) office in Punta Cana?

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thank you for the info, very helpful.

It's so confusing!! We were told we HAD to have a customs broker to clear her through customs and to fill paperwork etc? but from reading your post it all seems fairly straight forward.

Do we need a cargo company to represent us?

How long does it take to get the airway bill?

At the DR end, Caribe Cargo act as the "customs broker" The only documentation I got from them was the airway bill, on request. A copy is automatically sent to their PUJ warehouse/office who will handle the loading.
They issue it as soon as they receive their fee - you might have to chase them up on it, I did and it took less than a week.

At the UK end, KRL (not affiliated with Caribe Cargo) handled getting my dog through customs.

Chateau

Aug 23, 2010
I don't have any knowledge of pet transportation but would like to draw attention to the fact that since last October, British Airways operate direct non stop flights from PUJ to London Gatwick. These are regular scheduled flights so one way tickets should not be a problem. Hope this is helpful to anyone traveling to Uk from DR .

Jahdr

Feb 3, 2012
Okay i spoke to em and they just told me i needed a reservation and that they agreed that my pet can fly with them, so they can make the airway bill. But that takes like a week? Mmh id have to start doing it on monday as hopefully my dog is travelling the 11th march. But many thanks i will keep reading on the gov website to double check everything is right! And btw at gatwick my wife called the animal reception center and just told her they can do all the clearing and customs and the check for 150. Think we will do it with them

At the DR end, Caribe Cargo act as the "customs broker" The only documentation I got from them was the airway bill, on request. A copy is automatically sent to their PUJ warehouse/office who will handle the loading.
They issue it as soon as they receive their fee - you might have to chase them up on it, I did and it took less than a week.

At the UK end, KRL (not affiliated with Caribe Cargo) handled getting my dog through customs.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I don't have any knowledge of pet transportation but would like to draw attention to the fact that since last October, British Airways operate direct non stop flights from PUJ to London Gatwick. These are regular scheduled flights so one way tickets should not be a problem. Hope this is helpful to anyone traveling to Uk from DR .

Wow! That is very helpful if it is true. Thank you for posting!

Jahdr

Feb 3, 2012
Mmmh the vets im.using barely know how to fill the form at all. I had to do it most of.it myself and try to find out exactly how.it works.... So.disapointment and stressed out as my dog is due to fly tomorrow from.punta cana.. But what can i do..i.hope.all.is filled.out properly and the attached documents im.sending along with the TCVC are likely to make it pass at the airport and when arriving in gatwick... Lets pray all.is good