Thought I had heard it all!!!

Mar 2, 2008
"Indeed, I expect the trials the police force face when killing or injuring pedestrians is somewhat similar to that the military face when they kill British troops in so called friendly fire."

What in the world does that have to do with anything connected to this thread?

Aside from the ridiculous red herrings being posted, this thread should be helpful to anyone serious about piecing together what it like dealing with the various police agencies in the DR.

Frank has a very good track record for posting accurate and unbiased reports about what he observes. Anyone wanting to disregard his postings may obviously do so, but his record can speak for itself. He is not prone to exaggeration or hearsay.

Anyone familiar with the history of the police in the DR knows that Frank's report is nothing out of the ordinary, and this type of police activity, if anything, is understated and under-reported.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
There's no history bet. me and Frank, or even me and anybody else in this forum for that matter. Frank saw something and he was kind enough to share it with us. My problem is with the rush to judgment that I have seem too often in my brief life in this forum.

Not long ago somebody had a problem with a lawyer and commented on it on DR1, soon everybody was calling the lawyer a "thief" and demanding from the poster to post his name so people knew who this "picapleito" was, even though nobody had heard the other side of the history.

A few days later the OP came back and cleared all the matter, he called the lawyer a nice and respectable person (not exactly his words) and said everything was a misunderstanding.

Now think about the implications if the OP had complied with the petitions to publish the guy name (even DR1 staffer asked for it) and later doesn't have the guts and offer an apology or an explanation!.

You're on the forum and besides your daughter being the cousin of Miss RD Universe what's your connection with the DR? Do you live here? Or are you just in a relationship with a Domincan(a)?
As Catcherintherye pointed out this happens quite often in the DR and even the people that live in their protected and gated communities know about the abuse portrayed many times by the police so why you're still in denial?

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
"Indeed, I expect the trials the police force face when killing or injuring pedestrians is somewhat similar to that the military face when they kill British troops in so called friendly fire."

Aside from the ridiculous red herrings being posted, this thread should be helpful to anyone serious about piecing together what it like dealing with the various police agencies in the DR.

Frank has a very good track record for posting accurate and unbiased reports about what he observes. Anyone wanting to disregard his postings may obviously do so, but his record can speak for itself. He is not prone to exaggeration or hearsay.

Anyone familiar with the history of the police in the DR knows that Frank's report is nothing out of the ordinary, and this type of police activity, if anything, is understated and under-reported.

So the English Cervantes is back, after taking some time off to research and learn about logical fallacies, watch out folks, my favorite poster is back with vengeance.

Mar 2, 2008
Well, my my, I didn't realize I was your favorite poster. Thanks ever so much.

I hadn't realized I'd taken any time off, however, and I would hardly characterize my post as being anything close to vengeful.

But, be that as it may, it is nice to loved.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I assume this is what your referencing

QUOTE]

Merely an observation after the comment about US police.
Nothing towards your direction and yes irrelivent to the thread, correct.

Friendly fire incidents have occurred in the past in Afghanistan, though with less frequency than in Iraq. At least five Canadian soldiers have been killed mistakenly by U.S. fire since the American-led invasion of Afghanistan in 2001. U.S. troops have also died due to friendly fire, most famously former football star Pat Tillman, who was killed by fellow troops in 2004.

If there is a shooting by police, the officer is normally removed from duty until internal affairs determines if it was valid, or not, then normally a civil case for violating the civil rights of the victim

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
Dr cops

It's a bit off topic, but the thread made me wonder if Dominican police would be open to an embedded cameraman like in the venerable Fox series COPS. Of course to get that access, like with Fox, you'd have to agree to let them review the footage and withhold whatever they didn't like (it ain't investigative journalism folks) but it would be both interesting and to informative in a general way. Has there been anything like that on Dominican tv? I never noticed it.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
So the English Cervantes is back, after taking some time off to research and learn about logical fallacies, watch out folks, my favorite poster is back with vengeance.

I thought I was your favourite Vacara....

Fact is that the cops are as dodgy as hell here.
Much more outwardly dodgy than any other place I lived.

And do not accuse me of adding to the moral demise of the D.R. by being shaken down by Dominican cops - like you did before.
I still have sore ribs from laughing too much at that one.

:bunny::bunny:

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
It's a bit off topic, but the thread made me wonder if Dominican police would be open to an embedded cameraman like in the venerable Fox series COPS. Of course to get that access, like with Fox, you'd have to agree to let them review the footage and withhold whatever they didn't like (it ain't investigative journalism folks) but it would be both interesting and to informative in a general way. Has there been anything like that on Dominican tv? I never noticed it.

Depends on how much they're getting for it. I reckon it has to be more than they pull in doing their extra curriculum activities;)

blkronin

Sep 30, 2008
Indeed, I expect the trials the police force face when killing or injuring pedestrians is somewhat similar to that the military face when they kill British troops in so called friendly fire.

Once again people like to make statements about things they do not understand. You want to compare the chaos of war to civilian police. I completed a year tour in Iraq in 2004. Anyone who knows how chaotic combat operations can be would be amazed that so called "friendly fire incidents" do not occur more often. A soldier in wartime comes under the Uniform Code of Military Justice while a police officer is subject to local, state, and federal laws. Are there incidents of bad police officers committing crimes against the public. Yes, but this is not the norm. Unlike police officers in places like the DR, the police in the United States are subject to civilian oversight. There are always examples of police officers being prosecuted for misconduct. If the police agencies themselves do not take actions against their officers the civilian agencies will. If all else fails, then the U.S. Department of Justice can prosecute under violations of Federal Civil Rights.