Threads in common.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Thank you all, great insights and food for thought. Reason for my OP: I've been here five months and most women that I've been able to relate to are between 29 and 40 years of age. I am physically fit(walk 4-6/miles/day, roller blade every day and swim every chance I get)and my weight has never fluctuated more than five pounds. Many of the women in my age bracket become victims of gravity after bearing a few kids and eating the Dominican diet. Additionally many abhor being in the sun and getting their hair wet, regardless of who's paying the salon visit. They also want a degree of exclusivity that I find stifling and I'm not getting married again. 

not getting remarried sounds like your best fit.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
A big age difference starting out could work out fine. If still together after a few years is when it may be an issue.
I will give an example. When I lived in the DR I was in my 40's. Not one man, Dominican or otherwise, showed and interest in me. I ended up only being with men in their 20's. In the US I never would have even thought about that.
I am still in contact with a few of the men I saw frequently. They say they are interested in me returning to spend time with them. < wink wink>  Now I am in my late 60's and they are in their 40's. I tell them no thanks. I am not the young woman you knew back then. I do not have half the energy to keep up with them now. They are all great memories. I wouldn't change a thing. Those times are best left in the past. IF I was to take any of them up on their offers it would ruin the fantasy of how they THINK the reunion would be.
So look at what the age difference will be in 20 or 30 years and ask yourself will your energy levels match? Will love overcome all the difference then? 
I pass no judgments on the choices anyone makes in consenting adult relationships. 

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...........So look at what the age difference will be in 20 or 30 years and ask yourself will your energy levels match? Will love overcome all the difference then?........... 

If some cases what will the age difference be like in 10 years when the pot bellied old gringo is using a cane to walk and the much younger Dominicana is running off to the gym to workout. At night the old gizzard is snoring away and the young princess is shaking her head..............

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......They also want a degree of exclusivity that I find stifling and I'm not getting married again

LOL, a Dominicano told me once after he asked me if I had an esposa and I said NO, he said don't get one. He said get yourself one, two, maybe three girlfriends and you will be very happy. The funny part was when he told me don't worry if they find out about each other because sometimes the girlfriends become friends.

What he said works just fine for me but I think there are some men who just can't stand the thought of living alone and prefer to buy the cow.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
If some cases what will the age difference be like in 10 years when the pot bellied old gringo is using a cane to walk and the much younger Dominicana is running off to the gym to workout. At night the old gizzard is snoring away and the young princess is shaking her head..............

À younger woman keeps you in shape... Well that is what some say. So throw the cane en la leña

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
LOL, a Dominicano told me once after he asked me if I had an esposa and I said NO, he said don't get one. He said get yourself one, two, maybe three girlfriends and you will be very happy. The funny part was when he told me don't worry if they find out about each other because sometimes the girlfriends become friends.

What he said works just fine for me but I think there are some men who just can't stand the thought of living alone and prefer to buy the cow.

Very true.

I had a GF for a couple of years whose mother was the GF of a man who had another GF in the same area.

They disovered he was courting a third women, and they both went to meet her to make sure she was good enough for their BF.

Many, many women here accept other GF as a sign of virility, I suppose.

And how about the guys who have 12-14 kids with various women? I know a BUNCH of those.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was talking to a Dominican friend about this yesterday. He said "well two people of the same age are definitely not going to work, you must have one old and one young. You have Arroz with Habichuelas, not Arroz with Arroz. You must have two things that are different or else it definitely won't work"

So that's sorted it. All comes back to Arroz and Habichuelas like most things in this country.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I think that too much attention is being paid to age and appearance in these threads. There are dozens of other characteristics that either make things work out or fail.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I was talking to a Dominican friend about this yesterday. He said "well two people of the same age are definitely not going to work, you must have one old and one young. You have Arroz with Habichuelas, not Arroz with Arroz. You must have two things that are different or else it definitely won't work"

So that's sorted it. All comes back to Arroz and Habichuelas like most things in this country.

Male and female are about as different as can be. So stale bread and fresh meat will make a good sandwich? LOL

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

I had a neighbor in Puerto Plata who had two women living with him they walked down the street hand-in-hand-in-hand. All three of them on the moto wherever it went.
Der Fish

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

I brought the cow once and never again will i ever buy the cow...... I agree 3 different girlfriends is good and who cares if they find out.. I tell them excepted it or be gone... Im heartless.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Dinero

its all depends on your Budget... as for age i like the ladies at least 28 - 45 i don't like potty training the young ones... I would say at least to serious women in your life that except the fact that there will be others (cabana women)that come and go but they will not be serious anot know where you live.